I've come into possession of some WWI and WWII items that do not belong to my family. I am trying to locate descendants of Thomas F. Soady (born 1 Feb 1885, East Looe, Cornwall; died 2 Dec 1930, Cleveland, Cayuhoga, Ohio, USA); married to Elsie Thomas (born about 1892, Grimsby, Lincolnshire; died ?). They had a son William Allen (or Allan) Soady (born 9 July 1920, St. Blazey, Cornwall; died 14 Nov 1997, Nantucket, Nantucket, Massachusetts, USA; never married that I can find. I want to return these items to the family they rightfully belong to.

Information that I have with regard to the family: They came to the US in 1923 and resided in Cleveland. They traveled with whom I believe to be Elsie's parents (William Thomas and Annie last name unknown) and Elsie's brother (Horace). The relative in Cleveland they were to meet was named Charles Thomas, a brother of Elsie. Thomas F. Soady died in 1930 as a result of pneumonia, I believe Elsie remarried but am not certain. William became a US citizen and fought for the United States during WWII.

Parents of Thomas F. Soady were: Thomas Soady (born about Sept 1860, West Looe, Cornwall; died, unknown in Looe); married 1879, Plymouth Registration District to Harriet Pengelly (born about 1855, East Looe, Cornwall; died, unknown Looe). I've been able to locate information about children of this marriage but not much else.

I have no further information about Elsie's parents at this time.

Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Melynda Brenton