Wilkes_ml

Default Wotton Under Edge 1777-1799 on Ancestry

Whilst manually working my way through St. Mary the Virgin, Wotton Under Edge 1777-1799 Baptism & Burial register ( probably Bishops Transcripts) I noticed a gap in the scanned images.

Image 121 is numbered pg 129 and has christenings for January 1795. Image 122 is numbered pg 132 and has christenings for November & December 1795. Pgs 130 & 131 are obviously missing from the scanned images, covering christenings from February to October 1795.

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

That's always a problem with records that old. Pages go missing, get damaged/destroyed. Or, they could be fixed back in place at the end of the 'book'.

Or, they have simply been missed by those who scanned them.
    Too many bones, too much sorrow, but until I am dead, there's always tomorrow.

Reputation beyond repute

From Michelle's description, these can't be missing original pages but could only have been missed by Ancestry in the scanning process (or wrongly placed elsewhere). Page 130 is on the other side of the sheet from page 129 and 131 is on the reverse of 132.

Reputation beyond repute

probably Bishops Transcripts
    Actually PRs. It looks as if the missing records are listed in the BTs.

Wilkes_ml

Thanks, I couldn't spot where it said that the register was BTs or original parish register...I'll go back and look in the BTs, but I've sent a message to ancestry to inform them of the omission.