Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Apologies- I hit the send button accidentally!
    David you will need to confirm that the following census record is correct for the David Levy family. I am basing the data on a Ancestry.Com family tree- 1861 Census ( Crown Copyright,TNA)
    RG9 272 9 13
    25 Leman Street Whitechapel
    David Levy H M 45 House Proprietor b Whitechapel
    Sarah wife 40 b Whitechapel
    Next door
    Phillip Levy H M 32 General Merchant b London
    Mrs...Levy wife 27 b London
    John Levy brother 25 b London
    Jacob Levy son 7 b New York America
    Henry son b NY
    Philip son 3 b NY
    Jane dau 2 b London
    +3 servants

The Phillip Levy does not appear to be a son of David/Sarah given his age

Phillip

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Dave, I am researching Arthur Moss Hyam Levy. His parents were Sarah and Hyam Levy. Would you have any information on them. I am also researching Arthur Douglas Levy who is the son of Arthur Moss Hyam Levy.

daveinhutton

I have made some progress. I now have the marriage certificate for Sarah LEVY to Mark DAVIS 17th November 1850. Both ages are given as full. Sarah states that her father is John LONDON a gardener whilst Mark states his father is David John DAVIS deceased. I am puzzled by this as this does not agree with the details transcribed on Synagogue Scribes where Sarah's father is given as ABRAHAM our Father.I guess the simple answer is that this is not my Sarah LEVY and therefore mine probably didn't remarry after the death of her husband in 1844. I am unable to trace my Sarah LEVY on the 1851 and onward's census.

Also I now have the marriage certificate for David LEVY to Sarah NATHAN on 14th April 1839. Their ages are given as 24 and 17 respectively. David gives his father as Levy LEVY but Sarah says her's is dead. I know this certificate is correct. One of the witnesses is a Solomon LEVY. He would seem to be David's brother as they appear together in the Westminster Rate Books.

I am not sure where to go from here. Any help appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12