Default benjamin ainsworth / jarvis

hi this is a question ive muddled over for a while. my grandad was benjamin charles ainsworth and he was born 1895 to jane and walter ainswoth/ ensor in birmingham . i had been looking for a while to find them on 1911 census to no avail. by chance i was looking at rate books and found them in 18 belmount passage but when i looked at census for they were listed as jarvis . any ideas

Hi flowergirl1
    The surname forum is just for listing the surnames you are researching so I have moved this post to the Warwickshire forum as you are needing help.

Just so I get this right.You are saying that your grandfather Benjamin Charles Ainsworth is listed in the 1911 census at 18 Belmount Passage with the surname Jarvis? Are all the other details correct - first names, dates and places of birth, family members and their details?

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Ah found them in the 1911 for anyone else looking
    16 Belmont Pass(age?) Lawley St Birmingham
    Ben Jarvis 47 Stamper Birmingham
    Jane Jarvis 46 Birmingham
    Ben Jarvis 18 son Polisher Birmingham
    Alice Jones 16 Niece, Warehouse girl Birmingham

Married 19 years 2 children born to this marriage 1 child has died.

Also you said Benjamin born 1895 to Jane and Walter Ainswoth/ Ensor so in the 1911 census Walter has changed his name to Ben.

Is this the marriage of his parents if so they were telling fibs on the 1911 census about being married for 19 years?
    Where does the surname Ensor fit in?

Marriages Sept 1/4 1899

Walter Benjamin Ainsworth and Jane Groutage Birmingham 6d 64
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

yes this is correct.on the rate books they are listed as walter benjamin ainsworth . alice jones was jane niece that was what confirmed the listing. she was not living with them in 1901 as she was living with sarah groutage her grand mother.

Is this marriage where the name Ensor fits in? If so, what's the history behind change of name from Ensor to Ainsworth?

Stephen Ensor/Emma Spilsbury 12th Sept 1859 St George Birmingham?
    Alma

yes thats right stephen and emma were walter benjamin parents . we really honestly dony know the only thing is when you say them especially in a brummie accent they do sound the same . it was walter benjamin birth certificate that we found out his mom was emma spilsbury then looking for marriage the ensor name came up. if you go back further think it was 1861 census emma and stephen were down as eaton so another name change. that one a bit more bizarre cause his brother charles ainsworth was listed with them at same address

although going back further in the spilsbury history a uriah spilsbury had links with baddlesy ensor . my sister is convenience maybe something to do with that

Here's a link with more info: https://www.british-genealogy.com/th...sor?highlight=

His death seems to have been Registered as Ainsworth
    Walter B Ainsworth
    Date of Registration: Jun 1924
    Age at Death: 60
    Registration district: Aston
    Inferred County: Warwickshire
    Vol 6d, Page: 491
    Alma

all the above is correct . we know that marriage jane and walters is right because my dad remembers her as a sweet old lady when he was a young boy and the name groutage was not a popular name in Birmingham at that time. it was through dad that w worked out about aunt alice. it was always thought that she was no relation until a conversation quite by chance and he said that alice lived with the groutages for a short time .i said to my sister and bingo./she was always thought to live with the ainsworths