Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    thewideeyedowl

Have just been reading Dick Eastman's latest blog post, which gives the news that FTM is continuing after all, but under new ownership. Apparently, it will still sync with Ancestry (it says!).

There is advertising on the page, and I can't manage to break the link, but - if interested in this development - then run a search for (Dick Eastman's Online Genealogy News AND Family Tree Maker).

Off to roost.

Owl

Knowledgeable and helpful

Just received an email from Ancestry confirming Owl's post above:

Extract

"Software MacKiev, with whom we have a long-standing relationship, is acquiring the Family Tree Maker software line as publisher for both Mac and Windows versions. Software MacKiev has been the developer of Family Tree Maker for Mac for more than six years and is thrilled at the opportunity to publish future versions of Family Tree Maker for Mac and Windows.

This new agreement means you will receive software updates and new versions from Software MacKiev, and have the ability to purchase new versions of Family Tree Maker from Software MacKiev as they are released. You will have continued access to Ancestry Hints, Ancestry searches, and be able to save your tree on Ancestry with Family Tree Maker moving forward"

Peter

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Family Tree Maker

Correct me if I am wrong but my understanding is that MacKiev did the software for the Mac on FTM and will now take over but for the Mac only. Roots Magic will have a link to Ancestry and hints will show up, just like they currently do for Historian. Will still need subscription for Ancestry to download any documents.

According to the email I had, they will support and develop both Mac and Win formats. Anc are "looking forward" to having 2 formats that sync with their system.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Talking Family Tree Maker

Ha ha, yes I spotted that just after I posted.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123