Having been alerted to it by an article in this morning's Telegraph, Ancestry now have original records of Freemasonry. The blurb says:

This collection contains membership registers listing men who belonged to the United Grand Lodge of England (UGLE). Freemasonry is a fraternal order that traces its roots back to the Middle Ages, and a Masonic Grand Lodge has existed in England since 1717. A rival Grand Lodge was established in London in 1751, and the two came together to form the UGLE in 1813.
The UGLE is the governing body for Freemasonry in England, Wales and certain countries overseas. Each Masonic lodge has been obliged since 1768 to return to the Grand Lodge, on an annual basis, a list of its members. These returns are used to compile the membership registers, described as Contribution Books, which are reproduced in this collection. While the majority of the registers in this collection are from lodges in England, registers are also available from lodges in Wales, Northern Ireland, and several countries overseas such as Canada, Australia, India and South Africa.
I can confirm the last line, as I have found a record relating to a twig on my tree in Capetown!