Whilst searching for my own SIMMONS family I am going through all Kent wills, and just summarised this one, as it contains so many names of beneficiaries, occupiers and places in Margate. It may be useful to someone in the future! It is definitely not related to my family unfortunately.

Mary SIMMONS of St. John the Baptist, Margate, Thanet, widow. Dated 7th September 1773. Beneficiaries: Simon CATER, tobacconist of Snow Hill, London (son of late niece Ann CATER, widow, deceased): carpenter’s shop, outhouses and yard ground in High Street, Margate occupied by William TUCKER .On the decease of Simon CATER, property to go to his brother George CATER. Henry SCOATES, yeoman of Hengrove {AKA Hengrave}: the Queen's Head, outhouses buildings & grounds. Elizabeth WOOLTON of Margate, widow: The Queens Head, outhouses, buildings & grounds in the occupation of William MUNNS and Stephen HUGHES. Elenor SCOATES Spinster {living with Mary}: the same Queens Head, outhouses, buildings & grounds in the occupation of William MUNNS and Stephen HUGHES and small messuage tenement in High Street, Margate. Richard GRANT of King Street, Margate, mariner: property at Cold harbour, Margate occupied by Jenkin HEDGECOCK. John SCOATES of Brooks End, Thanet: property in St. Nicholas occupied by William BATES. Messuage & tenement, with malthouse, barn, outhouses buildings, yards, gardens & greenlands near the High Street, Margate occupied by self and Francis COBB or his heirs and also that my messuage or tenement known by the name on sign of the Old crown {n.b. this was on the corner of Love Lane opposite junction with Market Place and Broad Street from 1821 Edmunds map https://www.margatelocalhistory.co.uk...zHotspots3.htm } with the outhouses, buildings, grounds situated in Margate now in the possession or occupation of Daniel POUND and assigns. And also my piece or parcel of land containing by estimate one acre in Mill Lane in the occupation of William FAGG, and brownland, stoneland, stables, outhouses, buildings, yards, gardens in or near High Street, Margate in the occupation of Francis COBB to go to George CARTER with an annual sum of 20s to be paid to nephew Thomas BOREMAN.

Codicil?:

To Mrs. Martha ?OLMSON : silver tankard
To Miss Eleno SCOATES: silver waiter
To Sarah ROWE daughter of Thomas ROWE of Margate, upholsterer: a pair of silver salts
To Mary SCOATS of Kinsgrove, spinster: silver spout cup
To Eldest daughter of John COOPER of Cleve, yeoman: two silver table spoons
To the Eldest daughter now unmarried of James BUSHELL of Way: two silver table spoons
To Jacob STAMPER of Sandwich and his three daughters: 5 pounds a piece
To the two sisters of the late wife of Jacob STAMPER: 5 pounds a piece
To my cousin Mary FOREMAN of Rotherhithe, widow: 10 pounds
To executors Thomas ROWE and Edward WILOES of Margate: 20 pounds a piece
To George CATER (son of late niece Ann CATER, widow, deceased) & Elenor SCOATS residue to be divided equally

Proved 1st January 1774

{Mary probably Mary HALL who married William SIMMONS 22nd Oct 1716 and probable sister Catherine HALL married Richard BOORMAN 11th August 1718 both at St. John the Baptist, Margate N.B. a Henry SCOATES married Mary SYMONS 26th September 1701 St. John the Baptist, Margate}

I have been unable to identify Ann CATER's maiden name (SIMMONS or HALL) or who she was married to.

I'm also not sure how she managed to bequeath the property of the Queen's Head to three different people...I'm a bit puzzled by that.