Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks for that info. If he is marrying a Mary then this might be the correct Richard. I've had no luck with my search on FindMyPast. Not a member I guess - also I'm not that literate with search engines. Can you send a copy of the record to my email - chelankiwi AT gmail DOT com or attach a link thru this source? Even all the details if neither of those suggestions work. Very appreciative. Thanks
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 29-10-2015 at 7:48 PM. Reason: Email address disguised to deter spammers

I don't have any official documents - only the information pulled from Ancestry and FamilySearch. All I started with was the full name of my 2nd great grandmother. No family records from her that I have been able to find. Makes research a real challenge but also very interesting. Thanks for your help

A definite possibility. This is what makes putting together an accurate thread really challenging. Already discovered some ancestors were illegitimate - naughty, naughty eh what! Guess there's a lot more out there in that "boat" and thanks for your helpful info and background reasoning...

Name well known on Brit-Gen

janbooth

Sorry Jillian, I'm afraid I cannot do that as FMP's terms & conditions preclude this and they have been known to terminate people's subscriptions for so doing.

It could be worth you taking out a pay per view subscription to FMP as they do have a lot of original entries from the Stourmouth parish registers. However, I have just found that Ancestry hold the Tyler Index to Parish Registers for Kent and Stourmouth entries appear on this Index. It would appear that Richard & Susan(nah) WHITE had 6 children that appear on this Index:

Mary 1803, William 1804, Susannah 1805, James 1806, Eliza 1808 & John 1811 - unfortunately no occupations are shown so I cannot tell if the Richard WHITE, Butcher is the same as Richard WHITE, Shoemaker, although it does seem somewhat unlikely that there are going to be 2 Richard & Susanna WHITE's in Stourmouth. Perhaps the incumbent just made a mistake on Richard & Susannah's marriage record and he was in fact a Shoemaker!

Janet

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by JillianFletcher View Post
    Thanks for that information - very helpful. I had a subscription to the Census but did not find that one on there. As to his marriage (2nd one) - I pulled that from FamilySearch. Thanks again - you are a tremendous help.
    Why not order the film from your local Familysearch resource centre https://familysearch.org/locations/centerlocator
    Last edited by geneius; 30-10-2015 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Must learn to spell!

I did find the Mary Hoile on FMP as a free starter. But, think I will take out a subscription as they appear to have more info that Family Search. Thanks for confirming that venue.

Knowledgeable and helpful

I thought I should comment that sometimes men had two occupations at the same time which might be quite different. One of mine appears for some children's baptism as "farmer" and for others as "fisherman." It is the same man, just different emphasis on what he was doing at the time. pwholt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12