Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: proudfoot

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Gertrude May P b 1873 married Robert Charles BOLTON circa 1903/5 daughter Joan Mary Christine b 1905 died 1981 Islington

Joan E S b 1870 married Alfred Walter MUNT she died 22 Jan 1945 Probate to widower proved Llandudno est £1447/0/18d

London Evening Standard 20 September 1882....The Queen has been pleased to appoint....John Blair PROUDFOOT to be a member of the Legislative Council of the Island of St Vincent

Same information in the Aberdeen Journal!

1881 UK Census
    RG11 731 41 7
    16 Brandram Road Lee London, Kent
    Amy M DURRANT b 1868 pupil St Vincent WI

This is a small school most of the female pupils are in their early teens

1891 UK Census
    RG12 545 55 9
    Thorn Bank, Sutton Common, Sutton, Epsom, Surrey, England
    Thomas Stott Head Married Male 56 1835 - Manchester, Lancashire
    Laura Stott Wife Married Female 50 1841 - West Indies
    Joan Proudfoot Niece Single Female 21 1870 - -
    Amy Proudfoot Niece Single Female 15 1876 - -
    Christina Proudfoot Niece Single Female 14 1877
    -
    Esther Brown Servant Widow Female 60 1831 Cook Domestic Barnes, Surrey
    Lizzie Moody Servant Single Female 17 1874 Housemaid Writtle, Essex

Gertrude May P b 1873 married Robert Charles BOLTON circa 1903/5 daughter
    1) Joan Mary Christine b 1905 died 1981 Islington

Joan E S b 1870 married Alfred Walter MUNT she died 22 Jan 1945 Probate to widower proved Llandudno est £1447/0/18d

Issue of Joan Emma SM

1) Margaret Laura b 1898 How certain are you of the marriage you have given?

2) Joan May Christine b 1899 married 1925 Harols A LOVE ISSUE 1 x son 2x dau checkout freebmd.org.uk enter Love / Munt London year 1926- 1935 people maybe living

3) Winifred Lena b 1901 married 1943 aged 42 James G IBBOTSON no issue found

4) Norah b 1904 How certain are you of the marriage you have given?

Amy Caroline 1875-12/02/1901

Margaret Christine b 1877 married David Leighton DAVIES a Dr of Medecine living at 124 Newport Road Roath Cardiff, Cardiff, Glamorganshire, Wales in 1911 DLD bu 9 April 1945

1) Mary Bruce b 1907 Wisbech Cambs no issue found

2) Catherine Bruce b q3 1911 Cardiff ( see freebnd) baptised 4 Aug 1911 Roath mother is written as Maggie no issue found

DURRANTS quite an interesting thread....https://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.co...-07/0963806972

Google Thomas WELLS DURRANT if you are interested in him, there is quite a bit on a couple of forums from relatives

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Geneius majorly living up to her name.

Pam

I just read from pam downes "Geneius majorly living up to her name".....and all I "must" say.......it is not true.......way better!
    I hope that for the sake of this site and all its users that you "geneius" do not go private and open your own site....the kind that rip people off!
    thanks again to all of you........you have given me information in two days that took me weeks to find!...and then some I did not have!

I think geneius needs at least five of those little "bowing" fellows.....or what ever they are called....

Thomas well durrant....got lots of info on him.....he is Amy Mcintosh Durrants father.....she married WC Proudfoot.....Thomas did in fact travelled to costa rica....I have photos of him and WC Proudfoot.....I believe that it is because of Thomas, who also did some publishing..."Sentinel" in 1887....that Amy met WC......both Thomas and John Blair proudfoot were into publishing....in that small island....they either knew each other or hated each other!
    It is amazing that in that same place (saint vincent) also existed a fellow named james proudfoot married to harriet heafford jacques....they had a kid called harold...also killed during ww1........i have not been able to connect them but......again, its a small island....and back then, not too many folks lived there......
    Also, found and old paper were a fellow named "john b proudfoot" took a little boat around the island and did a "narrative" on the explosion of the "la soufriere" volcano.....I think it was john blair proudfoot.....at least at this point I want to........frustrating!....
    Any how...to make things even better.....thomas had a son called frederick chester....his second wife was last name DeLisser. Turns out a direct descendant of that relation......is a friend of mine here in Costa Rica.....he gave me copies of his family photos with frederick in them!
    ....and if get carried on I can take you straight to the "mayflower"......official descendant of richard warren and francis cooke....!....

thank again geneius!

I did in fact find most of the names you mention....not being familiar with this....what i could not find is the names of Gertrude may proudfoot, joan emma sophia mary proudfoot, and margaret christine proudfoot......together with william james crumpton dallas proudfoot!......I wonder if they were all brothers?
    Also, I found in "myheritage" that john blair proudfoot's father is a "john crompton dulles proudfoot".....is this a coincidence?....spelling errors?....do you know if one can get additional info from folks like "myheritage" concerning info they post?....
    I found Joan May Christine Bolton....found no more descendants
    I found Margaret Laura Munt / William Bernard Livermore....nothing!
    I found Norah munt / reginald neville cook....they had Norah winifred munt...died sep 1992 no kids.....
    i found Joan May christine munt / harold A Love......nothing else
    I found winifred lena munt / james G Ibbotson....nothing else
    I found Mary Bruce Leighton Davies.....nothing else
    I found Catherine Bruce Leighton Davies...nothing else
    I regret not have started doing this long time ago.....when bunch of these folks may have been around!......
    best regards and thanks again...
    roberto

Roberto, all I ask is you come back to let us know how your progressing or what help you want......think I will stick around for challenges like yours, beats having Ag Labs

i found Joan May christine munt / harold A Love......nothing else

2) Joan May Christine b 1899 married 1925 Harols A LOVE ISSUE 1 x son 2x dau checkout freebmd.org.uk enter Love / Munt London year 1926- 1935 people maybe living

Joan died 1979 Camden vol 14 1718
    Harold Andrew LOVE b 1897 London died ?

ISSUE
    Richard A b 1927 Islington
    Mary b 1931 Edmonton
    Janet 1934 Lambeth

not ready to give up.....thanks again to all of you!

I hope you are not ready to give up yet, we need something to keep the grey cells ticking over.

What site if any do you subsc to and Free sites do you use!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast