Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi
    The reference to parent's permission to marry is at the bottom of the marriage entry on the Cornwall opc site.(link as above)
    No parents given just the witnesses.

It is quite possible she was only 14 at her marriage. My OH's grandfather married his second wife when he was 44 and she was just 15, father's permission given.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Thanks for that. I'm obviously using the opc site incorrectly as it is showing me "no record found" for the marriage. I also think there's a possibility that Jane Liddicoat may have passed around 1835 and Richard married another Jane (Rawlings). I found a marriage registration for 1839. Could not find a birth record for her but if there is one for around 1802 then the dates for the 1841 Census and Passenger List would tally out. What a challenge!!!

No - what I just replied with is incorrect. Just found all the information on the marriage of Jane Rawlings and the Richard Old was a bachelor. I am therefore, thinking that the year date on the birth record for Jane Liddicoat has been incorrectly transcribed from the original parish record - it should probably by 1799 instead of 1794. I have looked at parish records and they can be challenging.

Hi
    I thought I would take a look at the burials for Jane Liddicoat (various spellings) and there are two in St Austell. One in 1820 age 16 so born 1804 and the other in 1821 age 19 so born c1802.This could be the daughter of Charles and Eliz* which leaves you with the baptism of Jane Liddicoat daughter of Robert and Jane.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Thank you Christanel - I really appreciate all your help in this. I am using that Jane as our ancestor with a note stating there is possibly the actual year date was interrupted incorrectly. Now on to more challenges....Have a wonderful day

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12