Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bsage760

Default Middleton

Thank you all so much for your help. I basically show the same Provence for William Middleton 1774-1828 as you all. In fact the story of the Middleton family in Australia is quite impressive. My problem is the outlier of William Middleton 1796. There is always the possibility of error and I have checked and rechecked over the last few days and the trail still leads to William Middleton and his twin John. Any ideas?

Dundee10

What information do you have that links the convict William MIDDLETON who was tried in Surrey and was a native of Sussex to a supposed son William MIDDLETON who says he was born in Warwickshire?

What information do you have that links William MIDDLETON who was a native of Sussex to a 1774 baptism in London?

Allan F Sparrow

Dundee10 is absolutely right to ask these crucial questions. It has to be remembered that travelling opportunities for most people in Britain in around 1800 were extremely limited, and distances that seem small in today's world were huge before the coming of railways and other modern transport. Most people living in Sussex would never meet someone from Warwickshire, to give but one example. The only people who travelled a lot were either rich or were travelling for professional reasons.

bsage760

Default so right

You are all so right. I am waiting for a reply from the Middleton branch in England. The information about Ann Ball came originally through that tree. I can verify her existence but cannot find a direct connection as yet.

bsage760

Hello Again

Sorry for the delay but I have been travelling. A tantalizing bit of evidence for the Middleton/Ball connection is found in the registers of St. Mary Newington Surrey Southwark. The Baptism of William Middleton born November 2 1796 and listed as the son of Thomas and Mary Ball is recorded as occurring on December 28 1796.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12