KEEFYP

Default Need pointing in the right direction......

Just got back in to the Family History after few years away and have started where I left off... with a headache!

Trying to find any information about a distant relative Unita E Williams nee Partridge. I have found an emigration record showing she left the UK on 25th October 1957 on the Empress of England bound for Montreal. Her husband was John H C Williams and was not with her on the journey so I am guessing he had already gone on ahead, but I am trying to get more details on him although as you can imagine John Williams is quite a tricky name to track - thank heavens for the H C !!

Any websites or links to check for any children or passing would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

KEEFYP...

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Birth of Unita 1926 & Marriage 1950 both shown on www.freebmd.org.uk There are also quite a few births with the combination WILLIAMS / PARTRIDGE from 1950,

The only John HC WILLLIAMS I can see is one born 1920 who may have died 1997 in Shropshire! Suggest you get the marriage certificate which hopefully will give you his full name and some parental information vol 7c page 5 Bath

www.gro.gov.uk

Would you please confirm that these people are not living??? Our AUP doesn't allow info about living people to be put on the open forum (although is can be provided via the personal message system).

KEEFYP

As far as I am aware they are not living but that is one of the things I am trying to ascertain...

However I do not want to break any rules so if necessary please delete the thread.

KEEFYP

Quote Originally Posted by geneius View Post
    Birth of Unita 1926 & Marriage 1950 both shown on www.freebmd.org.uk There are also quite a few births with the combination WILLIAMS / PARTRIDGE from 1950,

The only John HC WILLLIAMS I can see is one born 1920 who may have died 1997 in Shropshire! Suggest you get the marriage certificate which hopefully will give you his full name and some parental information vol 7c page 5 Bath

www.gro.gov.uk
    The marriage certificate is on the way. Family myths was that they stayed in Canada but will double check that ....