Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Starting to feel at home

And when I said earlier that "now I gotta find out what Jane (aka Jean) got up to and what kind of feller she married," I meant hopefully to reliably confirm the marriage to George. As opposed to not being aware of the earlier good findings by others in this thread.

I was running on coffee earlier. It's embarrassing enough to have made two typos regarding years.

janbooth

Oh don't worry, we have nearly all been there, done that and got the t-shirt! If you can access Ancestry somehow and do a search on Andrew HARRON born c1794, the first thing that pops up on the right hand side is the letter from Andrew to his brother Robert which has been transcribed in 3 pages. The letter is dated 24 February 1847 and is from Drumhorey, Ireland. I wonder if it was daughter Catherine who died on the voyage as she is mentioned in the letter but does not appear on the 1851 census of Canada with the rest of the family. Andrew also mentions brothers and sisters in his letter so it would be very useful to you. It would appear that Andrew's brother "William and his family went to Canada last year but that his wife Nancy died 7 weeks after he went there, sister Mary went at the same time as did Catherine and family".

Janet

Starting to feel at home

I saw something that suggested that the boat Jane and Andrew Harron were on in 1847 sprung a leak and all the passengers had to be recruited to man the pumps so the ship didn't sink.

But it's not verified by anything at this point. Think something like that would have made the news?

Not even sure where they landed in North America.

janbooth

I cannot find any travel documents for Andrew and his family on either Ancestry or FMP I'm afraid.

Janet

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by janbooth View Post
    I cannot find any travel documents for Andrew and his family on either Ancestry or FMP I'm afraid.

Janet
    Too bad. A story on the famine coffin ships would have been a story worth documenting.

But thanks for trying.

Default Jane Harron Hurst?

I may know of this Jane Harron. My mother in law is a descendant of George Hurst and Margaret Jane Harron of Mornington, Perth, Ontario. A lot of the family info I have seems to match this Jane Harron.

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by hsickafoose View Post
    I may know of this Jane Harron. My mother in law is a descendant of George Hurst and Margaret Jane Harron of Mornington, Perth, Ontario. A lot of the family info I have seems to match this Jane Harron.
    I'm pretty sure your Margaret is the sister of my Jane.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12