Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Valued member of Brit-Gen SandraL's Avatar

Default My Crazy Fletcher Line

I just can't figure out this info at all. It shows Maylie a child of John and Keziah. And it also shows her on a different page with a different date. In the index of the book I scanned this from only shows one Maylie. it also shows Anson as her brother on the other page. Am I reading this right that Maylie married her brother? And Anson's death date should have been 1963.

https://i623.photobucket.com/albums/t...psvvqa6f1x.jpg

https://i623.photobucket.com/albums/t...psfiqfwx3t.jpg

https://i623.photobucket.com/albums/t...psog8nha5w.jpg

Knowledgeable and helpful warncoort's Avatar

Two different Maylies,one born 1865 another b 1882.Is this data from a public tree?On familysearch.org both show up seperately on census.

Why would she be listed in the same family line? First as #1 child then as #5 child. There are a lot of errors in this book.

There is a lot of info online and ancestry on our Fletcher line.

Unfortunately the online e-book of Robert Fletcher only goes to about late 1850s. He moved from England to Mass. USA. This is my Fletcher line. There is another Robert that has ties to Moresby Hall that was also born the same day and year. That is not my Robert line.

Knowledgeable and helpful warncoort's Avatar

Do you personally know author of e-book and have implicit faith in their research?If not,carry out your own research from valid sources.

They both have errors.

Quote Originally Posted by warncoort View Post
    Do you personally know author of e-book and have implicit faith in their research?If not,carry out your own research from valid sources.
    I'd follow warncourt's advice.

The record for Anson says born 1876, died 1863????

In my #1 post it says 1863 but should have been 1963. A good typo the author of my book did. A perfect example of the errors.

I think I got it now. On someone else's list they have one listed as Mary Rosetta Fletcher born 26 OCT 1865 in Ontario, CANADA.

The other he has listed as Rosetta Fletcher born 26 JAN 1883. So it looks like the author of my book didn't get the names right.

Am I reading this right that Maylie married her brother?
    There's two Maylie's; one dau of John and Keziah Fletcher and brother of Anson - she was born 1865, her husband is George Stewart

Anson Elsworth Fletcher born c. 1876 son of John and Keziah married Maylie/Myrtle Sales Slater in 1911, Myrtle was age 21 at marrriage and a spinster, Anson age 34 a widower by divorce!

I had George Stewart as her husband. There is no Slater listed in my book. My book is very outdated and was published in 1979.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast