Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have moved this thread from the Introduce yourself forum to the Durham county forum as it has well and truly developed in to a research project.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

janbooth

Thanks Christina.

Janet

Re. your original post how do you link Nicholas, born/bap 1805 at Ryton with George, born 1791?
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

jeffreytc3

Quote Originally Posted by janbooth View Post
    Looks like you will have quite a lot of fun unravelling the family, Jeff. Thomas MAYHO looks to have died between 1891 & 1901 census records when Elizabeth is shown as a widow living with her children, amongst whom is Ada, at 4 Patterson Street (RG13/3914, folio 95, page 22). Also present is an unmarried sister in law Margaret BURY. By the 1911 census of Blackburn, Elizabeth has remarried to a John TOMLINSON and still living at 4 Paterson Street as is daughter Ada.

Tracing Thomas MAYHO back, in the 1871 census he is living at 9 Prince Albert Street, Blackburn, with stepfather Roger BURY, mother Susan, siblings Rachel & William MAYHO and various other BURY children (RG10/4174, folio 75, page 5). 1861 census of Blackburn shows Thomas living with parents Ralph & Susan MAYO and siblings Rachel & William at 18 Islington. Looking back even further it would appear that your MAYO/MAYHO line hails from Blackburn for at least a couple of further generations back. However, the 1861 census of Heywood, Bury does show a Thomas MAYHO born c1855 in Galway, Ireland, so perhaps this is where the confusion arose.

Janet
    Hi Janet, Thank you again. I have been in Adelaide, South Australia, for a few days and have only now read your post. I will study what you have found and get back to you. Regards, Jeff

jeffreytc3

Thanks Janet. you have given me a lot of new leads. Jeff

janbooth

Glad to be of help, Jeff, and enjoy your new lines of research.

Janet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12