Knowledgeable and helpful

Smile a success of sorts

Just to show that if you wait long enough and try hard enough, something will turn up. Back in 2009 I posted about my search to prove William Dale was a brother of my ancestor George, trying to use a business partner John Marshall as a lead. That line is still unproductive, but I have now found a newspaper item on William which makes it almost certain he is an ancestral uncle.

I used the firm name as key words in my search instead of names, and the first item up was an obituary for William which appeared in the York Herald of 12 Jan 1833. It clearly says the firm was in London but William was from" North Grimston in this county". It was a small place and there was only one DALE family living there, and that was mine. His burial I finally found about 6 months ago, initially in the vaults of Southwark Chapel, now in Nunhead Cemetery, and that gave me his age at death.

Short of finding a statement which ties him to his parents or his brothers, I think I've now found sufficient proof for my contention of fraternity. I won't be greedy. pwholt

Wilkes_ml

Well done! It's always a great feeling to finally find something new that helps to link the pieces however small.