Wilkes_ml

Default Hampshire Parish Register Microfiche ordering

Hampshire Records Office used to provide copies of Hampshire parish registers on microfiche at £2.00 a time ( with 50p? for microfiche sleeve). Since I ordered my last batch 8 years ago, they have now changed the ordering system so that you now have to order a minimum of 50 fiche (ie. £100).

Since my last order, I have re-visited my research and am trying to put together a list of fiche that I require, but am struggling to get to 20 fiche, and wondered if anyone else was in the same position and if anyone else would be interested in a group order?

I'm fortunate that I have my very old microfiche reader at home, so I can browse the fiche and return to them whenever I want, but as most major libraries and research centers probably still have a microfiche reader/printer, they should work out more cost effective for those who do not live close to Hampshire or do not want to order parish register reels from the local LDS Family centre.

Also FindMyPast now has Hampshire Baptism, Marriage and Burial Indexes up to about 1841, which should help identify which parishes are needed.

Please PM me if anyone is interested in a group purchase.

Michelle

Loves to help with queries

Which parishes are you interested in? I have quite a number for the eastern side of the County. Also of course I have
    Hampshire GS's CDs

Wilkes_ml

So far the parishes that I still need are:

Bishopstoke marriage 1817
    Bullington burial 1900
    Hunton marriages prior to 1788 & baptisms from 1788
    Lokerley baptisms 1764
    Micheldever baptisms 1765, baptisms 1851 & Burials 1891 & 1899
    Old Alresford
    Twyford burials 1874
    Winchester baptism 1844
    Wonston baptism 1822 and baptism 1850

probably Cheriton as well...

I'm still adding to the list as I work my way through the online indexes. I also have the Hampshire FHS marriages index...but I want the actual register images to check for additional information and I also tend to go through a whole parish register to look for other people with same or similar surnames. I also photograph each entry and save the image digitally to add to my files with full references, so that's why I tend to buy most fiche for a parish.