aeracura

Default Thomas Noble of Stretton-on-Dunsmore

Hello there,

I am wanting to find more about my ancestors from this area. My 7xGG Thomas Noble was buried in May 1772 in Stretton-on-Dunsmore. His daughter Sarah was born there in 1746 to Thomas and his wife Ann. I have been unable to locate anything further back. I am hoping to find a marriage between Thomas and Ann and a birth for Thomas but not sure where to look. Hoping someone with more experience may be able to help me out here

Jo (from Australia)

Using Hugh Wallis' site to find batch numbers and dates for specific parishes christenings are from 1742-1783, 1786-1842 and 1875-1885 Marriages 1742-1837 and 1837-1895
    I can't bring up a marriage or birth for Thomas noble in Stretton- on -Dunsmore. Have you considered that Ann may not be from there and so the marriage took place in a nearby parish.
    Parloc is a good tool for finding other parishes within given distances from the specified parish.
    I took a quick look and there are 87 parishes within a 10 mile radius of Stretton-on-Dunmore.
    Using family search I can't get it to bring up a baptism for Sarah Noble 1746, parents Thomas and Ann, only an Elizabeth baptised 1749 died 1750 and another Elizabeth to the same parents baptised 1768.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

janbooth

From Ancestry's parish register images of Stretton on Dunsmore:

7 May 1749 Eliz daughter of Thomas & Ann NOBLE baptised
    11 January 1756 Ann daughter of Thomas & Ann NOBLE baptised
    7 February 1768 Elizabeth daughter of Thomas & Ann NOBEL - being then aged 16
    24 July 1750 Thomas the son of Thomas & Ann NOBLE buried

Visitor just arrived so will carry on later.

Janet

janbooth

29th July 1750 Eliz daughter of Thomas & Ann NOBLE buried
    6 May 1772 Thomas NOBLE buried
    15 September 1777 Ann NOBEL buried

I cannot find a baptism for Sarah at Stretton on Dunsmore, but the parish register images hop about all over the place, so I may have missed it. No marriage that I can find on the parish registers for a Thomas NOBLE to an Ann in Stretton either. Nothing comes up for a marriage on Ancestry's Warwickshire PR's either, but they do not hold all Warwickshire parishes and some of their transcriptions leave a lot to be desired anyway. There is a marriage shown on Ancestry on 5 September 1744 at Blaston, Leicestershire, for a Thomas NOBLE & Anne BREWETT, which could be a possibility.

Sorry not to be of more help.

Janet