Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brock

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    Thanks to one of my favourite sites, the Internet Archive HERE I can tell you that Watson & Wilson were at 83 Jamaica St from 1891-1914. They are not there in 1885 or 1918. Obviously these dates are not exact since they don't have a copy of the directory for every year.

I'll leave you to look for the Irish directories.
    Great info ~ thank you so much.

The link at #6 has the Clydebank address dating from 1897

Scottish Directories https://www.nls.uk/family-history/dir...es/post-office

1895/1896 - Watson James (of Watson & Wilson, 83 Jamaica st), ho. 88 North Hanover st
    1896/1897 - Watson James (of Watson & Wilson, 83 Jamaica st), ho. 323 Allison st, Govanhill
    1897/1898 - Watson James (of Watson & Wilson, 83 Jamaica st), ho. 4 Wellington pl, Kilbowie rd, Clydebank
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Brock

Quote Originally Posted by helachau View Post
    The link at #6 has the Clydebank address dating from 1897

Scottish Directories https://www.nls.uk/family-history/dir...es/post-office

1895/1896 - Watson James (of Watson & Wilson, 83 Jamaica st), ho. 88 North Hanover st
    1896/1897 - Watson James (of Watson & Wilson, 83 Jamaica st), ho. 323 Allison st, Govanhill
    1897/1898 - Watson James (of Watson & Wilson, 83 Jamaica st), ho. 4 Wellington pl, Kilbowie rd, Clydebank
    Wonderful information ~ thank you so much.

Re. the "Queen's Art Photo Co", cannot make out address, looks like "22 something, Belfast"?

The earliest I can see this Company is 8 Mar 1884, address (Queen's Buildings) Royal Avenue and the latest for this location is 24 July 1891
    By Oct 1898 an auction is being held to sell off the studio fittings and furnishings (from 2 valuable cameras to 50 yards of lino) of the Company, now at Bridge St. Looks to have folded by that date.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Brock

Quote Originally Posted by helachau View Post
    Re. the "Queen's Art Photo Co", cannot make out address, looks like "22 something, Belfast"?

The earliest I can see this Company is 8 Mar 1884, address (Queen's Buildings) Royal Avenue and the latest for this location is 24 July 1891
    By Oct 1898 an auction is being held to sell off the studio fittings and furnishings (from 2 valuable cameras to 50 yards of lino) of the Company, now at Bridge St. Looks to have folded by that date.
    Wow. more fantastic info. This helps me so much to date the photo.
    Thank you so much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12