Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SansSouci

[QUOTE=SansSouci;614493]
    If Elizabeth b 1808 moved to Sunderland before 1881 and was a widow and funeral furnisher and may have lived on her own in Trafalgar Square all the years until she died in 1896 see www.genesreunited.com.
    I traced an elizabeth from an index in genes reunited, you would have to join GR to get tree owner permission to see tree.

hilarykellis

I see, SansSouci- thank you.

Here is an ad for Thistley House:
    To be sold by private contract,
    All that valuable and eligible ESTATE situate at, and called Thistley-House and South Wardley, in the township of Heworth and county of Durham; the same being free from tithes, and containing as follows, viz-
    THISTLEY HOUSE
    SOUTH WARDLEY
    This estate is held by a lease for 21 years from the Dean and Chapter of Durhem [sic], which was lately renewed; is now occupied in one farm by Mr George Whitehead, and may be entered upon at May-Day next.
    The situation is particularly desirable, being within 4 miles of Newcastle, 5 of South Shields, and 8 of Sunderland.
    The tenant will shew the premises, and further particulars may be had on application to the Rev. John Bacon, Bishop Auckland.

Dated 1814.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

heroutdoors

a long long time ago and I can't remember where I read it but : Farmers from the north relocated to Essex. I seem to remember Lord Petre of Ingatestone MIGHT have had something to do with it. It just stuck in my mind because a farmer with a Scottish name might have been one of them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123