Matt77

Default Verrico Hairdresser

Would you have any photos of this hairdressers, as I believe this run by 2 brothers with other one called Pasqualine. My wife believe Pasqualine to be her Grandfather who took his own life when he was 55, he lived at 2a Great Dover Street with his partner Alice.

Matt77

Default Verrico Hairdresser

Does anyone have any photos of this hairdressers at 1 Silvester Street, I believe it was run by 2 brothers Pasqualine being the other one.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Matt,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

I've moved your posts from the Sylvester Buildings thread as this Silvester Street location may have no connection with the area of Sylvester Buildings.

From reading the Buildings Thread it would seem that there is more than one Silvester Street. Could you give a precise location (borough/town) for yours?

Pam

Reputation beyond repute

Have you had a look at some trade directories?

The 1914 Post Office London Directory has Verrico Pasqualino, hairdresser, at 4 Silvester Street, Borough.

There are also three other hairdressers named Verrico listed.

See https://specialcollections.le.ac.uk/c...16445coll4/hd/

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Thank you, Peter. I omitted to ask Matt for the time period he was referring to as well. (My excuse is that I was doing stuff late at night! )

Pam

Brick wall demolition expert!

I did an internet search and this link takes you to Old Phots of Southwark, Borough being in Southwark:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...wark&FORM=IGRE

Quite a few of them seem to come from Southwark Library, so that might be a good place to contact. Others come from the Museum of London.

Reputation beyond repute

In addition to the sources mentioned by Megan, the London Metropolitan Archives also has an extensive photographic collection. Photo collections are often not well catalogued so a personal visit is best.

Matt77

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Hello Matt,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

I've moved your posts from the Sylvester Buildings thread as this Silvester Street location may have no connection with the area of Sylvester Buildings.

From reading the Buildings Thread it would seem that there is more than one Silvester Street. Could you give a precise location (borough/town) for yours?

Pam
    Thank you, Southwark SE1