Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home

( actually has got marriage record but it has no address or fathers names on it )

Growing old Disgracefully

Parish/Church Marriage Records at that time didn't have address on them just of this parish, and didn't have fathers names either to my knowledge.

Starting to feel at home

there was a william pilcher born the same year as mary in the same parish st john ickham kent, i ll see if i can find any more records on him, thanks for that idea, my stephen pilcher petly did have a son called william and also in the next 2 generations of pilchers

"England Marriages, 1538–1973 ," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NND1-KWT : 10 December 2014), Stephen Pilcher and Elizabeth Arnold, 12 Jan 1819; citing Ripple, Kent, England, reference ; FHL microfilm 1,835,589.

"England Marriages, 1538–1973 ," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NN64-T2V : 10 December 2014), Stephen Pilcher and Elizabeth Arnold, 12 Jan 1819; citing Church Of England, Westbere, Kent, England, reference IT 20 P4 N11; FHL microfilm 1,836,032.

To see the actual record you need to look at the Microfilm from the Latterday Saints records. I'm not sure how to get these as I haven't had course to do this.

or contact

Kent History and Library Centre
    James Whatman Way
    Maidstone
    Kent
    ME14 1LQ

Tel: 03000 41 31 31

Email: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by cathieee View Post
    there was a william pilcher born the same year as mary in the same parish st john ickham kent, i ll see if i can find any more records on him, thanks for that idea, my stephen pilcher petly did have a son called william and also in the next 2 generations of pilchers
    Possible father for him but this is something you will never know for sure.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

You will be able to order & view the Kent Parish Records at your local familysearch centre. Staff are usually quite knowledgeable and maybe able to point you towards the Parish Chest / Bastardy Orders/ Parish Registers.
    The Parish usually liked to know who the father was as they would claim payment form him rather than the Church pay it!
    Not sure of the cost but minimal

On the main page at the bottom

select
    site map
    get help
    family history centres
    enter you post code or place
    look for the familysearch tree logo click on it

I know there is a centre at Warrington / Birkenhead

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

cathieee,

Duplicate threads about the same person are not allowed because it only leads to confusion and possible duplication of research by forum members so I have merged your two threads about Stephen.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

# 1
    i dont know why this part of the info on him was nt copied on to any of the transcripts from big sites ,like ancestry etc ,but its not ,would have saved me a lot of time looking for the marriage cert of parents
    That is why you should always source the original source, i.e Parish Register

SueNSW

Quote Originally Posted by Sandyhall View Post
    "England Marriages, 1538–1973 ," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NND1-KWT : 10 December 2014), Stephen Pilcher and Elizabeth Arnold, 12 Jan 1819; citing Ripple, Kent, England, reference ; FHL microfilm 1,835,589.

"England Marriages, 1538–1973 ," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NN64-T2V : 10 December 2014), Stephen Pilcher and Elizabeth Arnold, 12 Jan 1819; citing Church Of England, Westbere, Kent, England, reference IT 20 P4 N11; FHL microfilm 1,836,032.

To see the actual record you need to look at the Microfilm from the Latterday Saints records. I'm not sure how to get these as I haven't had course to do this.
    The marriage register images are also available to browse on Find My Past - not sure where Family Search came up with the reference to Westbere - the marriage is only recorded in the Register for Ripple. Unfortunately there is no information regarding his father, but both Stephen and Elizabeth were "of this Parish" and both signed their names.

Witnesses look to be James Arnold and J C Philpots

Cheers
    Sue

not sure where Family Search came up with the reference to Westbere - the marriage is only recorded in the Register for Ripple
    There are 2 records for marriage on FMP it is likely that one is a transcription of the Parish Register PR) , the other is the Bishops Transcription (BT's) , transcribed again

The Banns were called on 3 consecutive Sundays 27 Dec 1818, 3 Jan 1819, 10 Jan 1819

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast