Smile JOHN CHEETHAM- 1812

Hi, I'm seeking any information on John Cheetham my 4x Grandfather who was sentenced to Australia as a convict (Robbery) in 1833.

On his papers I have found that he was born about 1812 in Cheshire England, Other than that all I know is that he was sentenced in 'Chester, Cheshire'.

Any information would be great.

Thank you

Brick wall demolition expert!

There is a tree on Ancestry which has him in it together with parents. The tree owner is "bblackburn113". That tree has a place of birth for him, and says that the source are the Convict Indents. However, they just give the county, so I don't where the place has come from.

However, there are the following baptisms for John Cheetham

19 Jul 1811 in Stockport, St Mary, Cheshire to John & Frances Cheetham. I think that this one died aged 3 months, but the burial record does not give parents names.
    17 Jul 1813 in Stockport, St Mary, Cheshire. The transcript of the record only gives his mother's name as Dorothy Cheetham.
    Born 4 Sep 1814, baptised 18 Sept 1814 Stockport Independent Tabernacle to William Hibbert Cheetham and Mary.
    11 Mar 1814 in Stockport, St Mary, Cheshire. The transcript of the record only gives his mother's name as Ellen Cheetham.

Although Stockport is geographically closer to Manchester than Chester, it does come under the diocese of Chester.

Thank you Megan,

One thing from the baptisms that could work is that John and his second wife named there first daughter Ellen... maybe after his mother!!!