Default Margaret D Skidmore,Princess Mary's RAF

Hi,

I am helping a friend piece together his family history, I have found his birth mother, Margaret Skidmore, who sadly passed away in 1990. The information gathered shows she was a sister in the Princess Mary's Royal Air Force, and her records appear on the Forces Web Site, but sadly, I do not have a subscription to this site, and wondered if someone who does subscribe can send me the details that are listed please.

We are hoping that the info might tell us where Margaret was stationed, whether in this country or abroad. We also understand she could have also been a nurse in Watford hospital when she returned from the war.

Amy help will be gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Carol

Hello Carol
    WW11 service records are not online on any site as they are still held by the MoD. Your friend can apply for them Here but will need the death certificate and 30 pound fee.

FWR just has basic info which says M D Skidmore was a Sister with the equivalent rank of flying officer and a member of the reserve recalled to the active list.

THIS is the TNA's guide to service records.

Following the links on this page will help with nursing records in hospitals.

The only way to find out any more about her service is to apply to the MoD unfortunately.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

gasser

This mention in the London Gazette gives ( I think) her service number.....https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/.../3877/data.pdf