charlie64

Default How could I find Dr. Holloway pre 1640?

Dr. John Holloway (Hollowaye, Halloway, etc) came from England to Virginia at least by 1637 when he cured an ulcer in the throat of my ancestor, John Nuthall. The good Dr. Holloway died in 1643, and his widow, Elizabeth, became one of my grandmothers way back when she married John Nuthall and became the mother of a second daughter (she already had a daughter by the doctor). Could anyone suggest a place to check in England for this doctor's schooling in medicine or university, his background, etc? He was fairly well to do in Virginia and left a large inventory, and I have looked around on line and not had any luck. If anyone has an idea I am here to learn and would welcome any suggestions.

Thank you
    Charlie

This site gives a lot of information about Dr. Holloway for anyone wanting to help.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

charlie64

Wow, Christanel, thanks!! I had thought I had seen it all with the Delmarva genealogy but I had missed this site! I really appreciate it!

Charlie

Hi
    There is The National Archives site Here which may be of help.

Click on the red menu button and from the menu choose which way you want to search. I chose the A-Z and then M for Medical records.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs