Loves to help with queries

Default Any children for Hugh and Verma Ponton

Hugh Frederic Ponton emigrated from Sweden (he was a British citizen however) in 1924 and in 1930 married Verma Loretta Kehoe in British Columbia. They both died 1986-1988 in Vancouver

I am trying without any luck to find out if they had any children. The web sites I have looked at only go up to 1903

Can anyone help please

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Ponton View Post
    Hugh Frederic Ponton emigrated from Sweden (he was a British citizen however) in 1924 and in 1930 married Verma Loretta Kehoe in British Columbia. They both died 1986-1988 in Vancouver

I am trying without any luck to find out if they had any children. The web sites I have looked at only go up to 1903

Can anyone help please
    Name: Hugh Ponton
    Birth Year: abt 1904
    Birth Country: Sweden
    Date of Arrival: 20 Feb 1927
    Vessel: Alaunia
    Search Ship Database: Search for the Alaunia in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
    Port of Arrival: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Port of Departure: Liverpool, England

Quote Originally Posted by goesright View Post
    Name: Hugh Ponton
    Birth Year: abt 1904
    Birth Country: Sweden
    Date of Arrival: 20 Feb 1927
    Vessel: Alaunia
    Search Ship Database: Search for the Alaunia in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
    Port of Arrival: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Port of Departure: Liverpool, England
    Hugh Frederick F Ponton
    Spouse Name: Loretta Kehoe
    Spouse Gender: Female
    Marriage Date: 18 Nov 1930
    Marriage Location: Burnaby
    Registration Number: 1930-09-376558
    BCA Number: B13760
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 12-05-2015 at 12:06 AM. Reason: GSU number not allowed to be quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Ponton View Post

Can anyone help please
    They certainly appear to have had at least one daughter. Both Hugh and Verma's death certificates are on the website https://search-collections.royalbcmus...ywordGenealogy

The informant on Hugh's death certificate was his daughter Mary L Hall, and on Verma's - Peter B Hall son in law.

Hugh and Verna's marriage certificate is also on the Royal BC Museum website and very informative it is too.

many thanks Almach and Goes Right. I have now traced the Royalbcmus website and as you say it is very interesting.
    I have tried to trace the subsequent birth of Mary L Ponton but without success. Can you find it for me Almach

PS Are you able to find marriage certificate for Mary L and -if appropriate- death certificate

You are a star!!

I very much doubt whether there will be birth and marriage records for Mary L online, sorry. It is likely she is still alive and her details protected.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Almach

Have sent Eric a pm with a contact address for Mary & Peter that I quite by accident found on line......they have recently change there telephone provider!