Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Knowledgeable and helpful

Thank you Peter I had to wait for some records before and will ask my researcher to look at this again if I think we could find a burial which she couldn't in the Bexley records she searched. Will post again if anything comes up but may be a few months. I also appreciate that because I cant find a birth cert for my grandma that this lady may not be her mother but just an in law of the Whitbread family. Don't mind if she isn't as I have really enjoyed this research so much and learned a lot "nothing ventured nothing gained" I made one enquiry this week to a medical school in London and the reply was rather curt just referring me to LMA I appreciate people are busy but was rather disappointed.

Hi Peter I am not doing very well with this LMA say that they would have thought London medical school would have been people to contact because I would think logically a ledger would have been kept noting when bodies were received and then sent for burial. Someone else suggested that I find out what the policy for Bexley was regarding this ie what agreement they had not sure where I am supposed to find this out from. Someone must have had responsibility for recording what happened as the body should be released for a burial all be it a pauper one. I will have a think about this one but am waiting for a reply from an organisation connected to the history of Bexley so they may be open in their reply. I really cant change what happened to this lady but just would like to know if she was buried or is she still sitting on a shelf somewhere (not may be as far fetched as it sounds)

Reputation beyond repute

Realistically, unless you are in a position to spend some time at the LMA, I'd put this on the back burner.

Hi Peter

I think you are right I have replies now from everyone except Bexley Asylum history group thank you for your advice the article was really interesting I would like to find a copy of the 1832 act but as I am on holiday from Friday things will have to take a back seat for a few weeks. I like to look at the background to things this is the joy of family history. Once again thank you for your advice always gratefully received. (I really don't know London that well so am putting off going coward I know as I wouldn't have anyone to go with and hold my hand!)

Sent for a book Anatomy and the poor up to 1930 will make interesting reading and may be bibliography to look at too. No harm in doing a little bit more research. However what was policy and practice can be very different

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12