Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bishop Auckland, Bishops Transcripts for St Andrews. I am currently building a database for the entire Race family from the Bishops Archives that are listed in all of the Durham County archives. Needless to say this is a time consuming process. In looking at the Bishops Archives for Auckland St Andrew... FamilySearch.com displays a 127 page document that states it covers the years from 1765 - 1851. I have been through every page of the transcript and it ends in the 1799. Are there pages, or another transcript somewhere that I am missing, that will provide 1800-1851? Of course, 1800-1851 are the years I am most interested in for Auckland St Andrew. Any direction would be appreciated. Mark

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/...819&cc=1309819

Valued member of Brit-Gen emmteeyess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRace View Post
    Of course, 1800-1851 are the years I am most interested in for Auckland St Andrew. Any direction would be appreciated.

I use these transcripts quite a lot, and have been looking at Auckland St Helens - (not for RACE family, but did come accross one)
    Burial - Matthew RACE - abode St Helen Auckland - buried 25th Dec (!) 1841 - age 1

This is on image 564 of Auckland St Helen 1762-1854.

Will keep my eye out for more in my viewing.

Cheers, MTS

Valued member of Brit-Gen emmteeyess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRace View Post
    Bishop Auckland, Bishops Transcripts for St Andrews. FamilySearch.com displays a 127 page document that states it covers the years from 1765 - 1851. I have been through every page of the transcript and it ends in the 1799. Are there pages, or another transcript somewhere that I am missing, that will provide 1800-1851?

In the past I've found a few parishes that are mis-indexed and have just found one now -

if you click on Escomb 1765-1851 it gives 35 images. From no.3 are records for St Andrew Auckland 1797 up to 1804 - so a little further into your year range!

again - will keep looking!

Cheers, MTS

MTS,

Appreciate the information. I have been thru all of the following transcripts: Auckland St Andrew, Auckland St Helen, Aycliffe, Brancepeth Crook, Cockfield, Escomb, Esh, Hamsterley, Haughton le Skerne, Kelloe, Sherburn, Staindrop, Witton le Wear, Wolsingham, Wolviston and currently working on Lachester Esh & Chester Le Street. Still have quite a way to go, the two I am working with at the moment are comprise nearly 2000 pages so it will take a week or so.

The family is elusive! They are everywhere but locating my specific family that centered around the Bishop Auckland area is a tough nut to crack. If you run across anything ... anywhere ... that may shed some light, or an explanation on the missing pages of Auckland St Andrew please let me know. They may not even exist, or may have been lost or damaged. Just trying to rule out all possibilities.

The search continues!

Mark

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123