Valued member of Brit-Gen SandraL's Avatar

Default Trying to Find Info on Samuel Witherman

I am trying to help another relative find more on Samuel. But so far not much luck.

Here is what she sent me on what info she has already:

Sarah Jane Eve's and Samuel's son George, he was born in May of 1888, the last name was listed as "Withyman" and Samuel's profession was that of boilermaker. I have never been able to find Amelia's birth certificate. On the marriage certificate to William Richard Robinson in 1903, Amelia's birthplace was listed as West Flamborough. I have never been able to find Sarah Jane on the 1891 census and she married Alexander James Cummings in 1895 (and indicated she was a widow). So, I have always kind of hoped that if we found Amelia's birth certificate or Sarah Jane's whereabouts in the 1881 or 1891 census there could possible be clues about Samuel.

Samuel married Sarah Jane Eves-1862-1922.

Their 2 children were George and Amelia May(e) Witherman-1882-1942. I have also seen different spellings as well for Witherman.

Thanks Sandra

There is a marriage for a Frederick Withyman to Sarah Chant 5 April 1899.
    Frederick is a Rancher age 32 born c1867 West Chinnock S. England (which according to googlemaps is in Crewkerne, Somerset )
    Fredericks parents are Samuel Withyman and Amelia Walters (1882 – 1942) so is Frederick related to George Allen and Amelia May W*th*man? Possibly same father but different mother?
    Could it be that Sarah Jane Eves and Samuel never married.
    The only other reference I have found to a Samuel W*th*man is in the Canada, City and Area Directories,
    Samuel Withman
    address - 99 Adelaide W, Toronto, Ontario
    Occupation - labourer

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs