Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur2075 View Post
    You are both correct. It is Wilfred that is my mistake. I should know as Wilfred is my middle name!
    I am very new to this and there are so many names floaing about. Will be more careful next time
    Don't worry, Arthur, we were all new to family history once Now we have confirmation of the exact name, we should be able to help you further.

HOLLAND, WILFRID PERCIVAL, mother's maiden name CHEVIS
    GRO Reference: 1902 J Quarter in ALTON Volume 02C Page 176
    Alma

1911, 5 Youngs Cottages, Anstey Rd, Alton. RG14; Piece: 6209; Schedule Number: 95
    Robert Holland 59, laboure, farmer,Medstead Hants
    Sarah Holland 51, married 27yrs, 9 children born alive, 2 still living,Cumberland
    Robert William Holland 14, Alton
    Wilfred P Holland 9, Alton

Marriages Jun 1884
    Holland Robert Alton 2c 283
    Chevis Sarah Alton 2c 283
    Alma

Courtesy of Ancestry's "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966, 1973-1995"

Holland Wilfred Percival of 6, Beechwood Road, Alton, Hampshire, died 6 Aug 1966 at Innstrasse 37 Innsbruck Tirol Austria, Administration Winchester 21 September to Hilda Isabel Holland widow, £1296.
    Alma

CherieE

Hi Arthur,
    I have only just read your posts of last year so please forgive the tardy reply. I am a very infrequent user of this site.

I was interested to read about your branch of the Doe family as your late mum and my mum (still living) were first cousins. My grandmother (Elsie Edith Doe) was indeed nicknamed 'Fan' by her family although I never recall anyone else using her nickname.

I will mention your posts to my mum but if you would like to contact me on cherie_easter {at} hotmail.co.uk I would be delighted to hear from you.

Best wishes,
    Cherie

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur2075 View Post
    Hilda Isabel Doe was my grandmother. And I just remeber Elizabeth Agnes (Aunt Liz) and Elsie Edith who I think was called Aunt Fan and Anne Beatice (Aunt Nance).
    I am looking for information on Hilda's husband who was George Percival Holland. He had three daughters and one son. Hilda (my mother, died 1998), Isabel (still living) and the youngest Phylis who died a few years ago in Australia, and Monty still living. Can any one expand on George?
    Last edited by Lesley Robertson; 26-09-2019 at 9:59 AM. Reason: Email address deactivated. Edit to use.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123