Starting to feel at home

Default Sutton/Woolf/Hewson Famiies

Hello,

Looking for info on the Sutton/Woolf/Hewson families
    Mary Sutton born Tetford, I think in 1805 but am not sure if I have the right one. I have found one birth reg for that year saying parents are Joseph and Elizabeth.
    On 18 NOV 1823 Mary married James Woolf in Baumber. James is the son of Thomas Woolf born 1766 and died 1841. His mother is Susanna Hewson born 1765 or 1766 Louth---her parents may be William and Mary.
    If anyone is researching these families would be very interested in hearing from you. Would like to find out more about Mary and who her parents were.

Elaine

janbooth

Hello Elaine,

Have you looked at Lincs to the Past website? They have the parish registers of Tetford for the period you are interested available to view online so it should be relatively easy for you to look through the baptismal records of Tetford to see if there are any other Mary SUTTONSs baptised between 1802-1807. I did find the record for Mary SUTTON baptised in 1805 daughter of Joseph & Elizabeth but did not look any further. Her actual marriage record is also on Lincs to the Past but no luck with any helpful witnesses that immediately caught the eye. One was an Ann CLARKE, so I suppose that could be a married sister or equally as well be no relation at all.

Searching for any records regarding WOOLFEs brought up the fact that there were baptisms at Telford in the period 1813-47 - are these likely to be children of Joseph & Mary?

Janet

Starting to feel at home

Thank you so much for your reply. Mary married James Woolf on 18 Nov 1823 in Baumber----that I have found. Most of the Woolf family comes from Baumber and Horncastle. I have seen the Lincs to the past but have not searched the parish registers so will have to do that next. Thanks again

Elaine