Wilkes_ml

Default Lime Shimmer or Skimmer?

Could someone please check the occupation of Samuel HARDING in 1841 census HO107 Piece 347 bk 16 folio 10 pg 15 last entry on page.

It lookes like Lime Skimmer to me, and was wondering if this was anything related to plastering? I couldn't see this occupation online, but know that lime is often used in making bricks and mortar, but can not find a reference to what a skimmer does.

Can you give his age & location, please? The official ref doesn't seem to mean much to Ancestry, and there's 139 Sams on their list...

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkes_ml View Post
    Could someone please check the occupation of Samuel HARDING in 1841 census HO107 Piece 347 bk 16 folio 10 pg 15 last entry on page.

It lookes like Lime Skimmer to me, and was wondering if this was anything related to plastering? I couldn't see this occupation online, but know that lime is often used in making bricks and mortar, but can not find a reference to what a skimmer does.
    I think it says 'twine spinner'. Look at Solomon Morgan's occupation on the opposite page.

Wilkes_ml

Samuel is Age 45 living at Slade, Dursley, Goucestershire. Sorry..I completely forgot to add that!

Doh....Twine spinner makes sense now, Some of the Hardings in Dursley are tailors, some are rope makers...so twine spinner fits in perfectly!