Settling in

Default Help needed please Gerald Trevor Cooke

Gerald Trevor Cooke was born 1898 in Herefordshire England. He served from his medal card with the Princess Charlotte pf Wales Royal Berkshire regiment RF and RAF. his address Swimmore Croft Ledbury Road Hereford. This is also the address on his marriage certificate to Nellie Elizabeth Ashburner in 1919. Gerald and Nellie are on records together in Birmingham till 1936. from then she is with her married sister. I have found a Gerald Trevor Cooke 1939 London Census 110 Grosvenor Ave Islington. Next 1947 there is a Gerald T Cooke with wife Joyce K O Cooke and daughter Jill O Cooke traveling to New Zealand. I found a Jill O Cooke born 1944 Taunton Somerset mmn Maginness. Joyce Kura Ormond Maginness traveled to England as a student in 1937 age 25. From 1949 to 1881 this couple are together on the New Zealand Canterbury census records. What I need help with is how do I find if this is the Gerald Trevor Cooke I am looking for. from help given to another person on this forum I have found a death record for Joyce Kura Ormond Cooke 26th August 2011 but cannot find anything for Gerald or Jill. I hope who ever reads this can understand what I am saying thank you for any leads I might receive. regards Dotti

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Dotti have you tried archway?
    https://www.archway.archives.govt.nz/...archResults.do

Christchurch Probate files
    COOKE Gerald Trevor - Rangiora ORDER DETAILS »1989 1989 Christchurch High Court held @ Chchurch.
    Dunedin Divorce Files
    Cooke, Gerald Trevor v Cooke, Nellie Elizabeth Ashburner 1968 1971 Dunedin High Court. held @ Dun
    Christchurch Probate files
    COOKE Joyce Kura Ormond - Rangiora - Widow ORDER DETAILS »
    1993 1993 Christchurch High Court @ Chch

Papers past may also help.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Settling in

Wendy thank you so much for all this information you have found for me I just cannot believe it.. i will look at the archways site. I had no idea where to look for anything to do with New Zealand.
    regards Dorothy

Name well known on Brit-Gen

You're very welcome Dottie, for future reference, when looking for something type a word or name in the search box at top of page & see what comes up. Better yet, click on Forum right up the top. It takes you to the 'forum page' -happily- scroll down to counties until you get to Australia, new Zealand etc ,after the Uk Counties. Click N.Z. there is a sticky there with helpful info on available help sites for N.Z. or click here.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/thr...Resource-links

Another place to visit is the Archive page, in blue at page bottom. You may never get out but you'll have a good read.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Dotti not sure if your'e still active on this forum or not but came across this post while doing some research on my Grandfather Trevor. (Gerald Trevor Cooke) Did you find the answers you were looking for? Happy to answer any questions i can. Jonathon Andrews

Settling in

Hi Jon this was a surprise reply to my message after so many years. I managed to confirm it was the Gerald Trevor Cooke I was researching when I found his divorce record 1968 Dunedin High Court from his 1st wife Nellie Elizabeth Cooke nee Ashburner. I think they must have separated between 1935-1939.The only thing I have been unable to find is a marriage between Gerald and Joyce I hope he did right by her. I am not a relative of Gerald but Nellie Elizabeth Ashburner is my connection. Thank you for your reply.
    regards Dorothy.