Starting to feel at home

Default George Newlyn HART - born in Gibraltar

My Uncle, my Mother's brother, was born in Gibraltar on 21st March 1907. My Mother was conceived there but born in Southsea, Hampshire 27th November 1908. Their father, my grandfather, was a dockyard shipwright working in H.M.docks in Portsmouth. He travelled for this job, hence Gibraltar.

Although I know where my Uncle George was born I would love to find his birth certificate and possible baptism. I have looked online but cannot see that there is a Public Record Office in Gibraltar.

Does anyone have any idea how it might be possible for me to get a copy of said certificate?

Pauline

Reputation beyond repute

I have looked online but cannot see that there is a Public Record Office in Gibraltar.
    Registrar of Birth, Death and Marriages, Joshua Hassan House, 3 Secretary's Lane, GIBRALTAR. Tel. 00 (350) 20072289

Starting to feel at home

Thank you very much. I am hoping to visit Gibraltar later this year so will get in touch with them.

Have you looked in the Overseas Births section of the National Archives?

Starting to feel at home

Many moons ago, yes I did. That was in the days when I used to visit the TNA. Thanks for responding.

Starting to feel at home

It has taken a while but at long last I have visited 3, Secretary's Lane and ordered my uncle's birth certificate. They are posting it to me and should arrive any day now!