RevACP68

Default C Perry married J I B 1948

I'm wanting to know more about the family of J I B who married Colin Ernest Perry in Mar 1948 in Berkhamsted Herts. Not sure if J is still living. If anyone can help......?
    Many thanks
    Last edited by christanel; 27-02-2015 at 9:21 PM. Reason: edited to disguise name of possibl living person.

Hello

We have a problem with this post as it is about possibly living people (see our AUP) so I have substituted initials for the possibly living person who is the main subject of your enquiry. From the evidence below and the marriage information for Colin E Perry 1948 in Berkhampstead, Hertfordshire we can deduce the full name of the J I B he married.
    There is a tree on ancestry which has Colin E Perry marrying J I B in 1948 but also has a marriage to a Margaret Stevens in 1939 in Hanwell, London. Margaret Stevens remarried in 1996 and died 2006 So they either divorced or Colin E married bigamously.
    Colin E Perry died 1995 St Albans, Hertfordshire.
    The tree does not have any information on J I B other than the marriage.

If anyone can help with this please pm RevACP68 the information for any possible living people.

Rev have you tried the social net working sites?

Christina

ps The title of your post is now 'C Perry married J I B 1948'
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hello

I think you are going to need to purchase the 1948 marriage certificate ( CEP had 3 marriages, the birth of his daughter to his first wife n 1943 is in the newspapers on FMP!)

The problem appears to be no immediate identification of JIB in the UK birth/death records under the 2 known surnames.

JIB could have been a divorcee or widow by 1948. The marriage certificate will resolve any such issues and indicate CEP's status on marriage.

RevACP68

Hi Christina. Thank you for that info. I do know that Colin E divorced, as he went on to marry JIB the following year. Do you know who Margaret Stevens married in 1996?

Name well known on Brit-Gen

You may find this site useful

freebmd.org.uk

There is a Hilda M PERRY marrying in 1967 Peterboro'