Brick wall demolition expert!

Default Did your ancestor appear at the Old Bailey?

If you have ever wondered this, or indeed just like a good read you can visit the Old Bailey on line, which has a fully searchable data base of The Proceedings of the Old Bailey, 1674-1913, complete with trial transcripts.

https://www.oldbaileyonline.org//

What a great find Megan. Just spent 30 minutes reading some articles about people who do not even belong to me. If this rain keeps up then I know what I'll be doing and if the 30 celsius + temperatures return I know what I will be doing.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

I thought this was worth making into a "sticky" because the website should be a "must see" for all researchers with a black sheep to find
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Dowd

Quote Originally Posted by Ladkyis View Post
    I thought this was worth making into a "sticky" because the website should be a "must see" for all researchers with a black sheep to find
    Agreed!

A fountain of knowledge

I was put onto this site a few weeks ago and never thought to post it here.

It doesn't contain just the blacksheep though, the site also indexes witnesses who gave testimony.

I wasn't surprised to find one of my lot here - the big surprise was that he was not the crook, he was bringing the prosecution!

But it told me so much about the sort of business he was in, and even the route he walked to his stock suppliers. Absolutely marvellous.

Well worth a look.