Valued member of Brit-Gen SandraL's Avatar

Default Bolton Line Info needed Please

Edward Rothwell Bolton-December 25 1865-August 27 1957-first marriage-Sarah Stewart-December 8 1866-October 8 1914-daughter of William Stewart and Agnes McLean-second marriage (in 1915)-Caroline Alberta Hamilton-1883----can't find a death date on Caroline

Charles Patterson Bolton-1867-1936-married Ann Osborne Creighton-1874-daughter of David Creighton and Margaret Brown

I can't find a death date on Ann either.

Children of Edward Bolton and Caroline Hamilton:
    Roy Hamilton Bolton-1917-NFI
    Elizabeth Bolton-1919-NFI

My first question is where this all happened? I don't even know whether to start at FreeBMD (for England or Wales), or Scotlands People......

I assume that you're checking spelling variations?

They were all born in Canada but the Boltons originally came from Ireland and I found some eventually moved to England before immigrating here. I tried a few different things but will try other things too next.

Thanks for your reply Leslie.

I found that Caroline was called Alberta by her middle name. And they immigrated to Detroit Michigan in 1928.

Their son Roy Hamilton Bolton-1916-2008 eventually moved to California. I need to do more searching with this info next.

I think this is my Elizabeth Bolton. 6th up from the bottom of the page. I had her birth down for 1919 but that isn't uncommon for that info to be correct. I did find a census with her on it saying she was a switchboard operator in Detroit, Wayne County.

https://www.faqs.org/people-search/elizabeth-bolton/

I found this info on Charles Patterson Bolton----Charles is buried in Green Lawn cemetery in Ontario Canada

I still haven't found anymore info on Caroline.

I found this on Cora but I can seem to find her husband's given name. When I did a last name only search on that site I found an Andrew was the only person's age closest to Cora's.

Cora Woloszyn (Bolton)
    (1897 - 1993)

I looked some at this site where Cora and her father are buried. But still no luck on finding more info on Ann Creighton. Maybe I'm missing something?

https://www.greenlawncemetery.ca/default.asp?mn=1.3.9621

I'm slowly finding more bits and pieces.

I wished I could go to the big library and book and microfilm machine and get a loan from the Ontario Archives to borrow the transcripts on microfilm for the local cemeteries. This is a free service too.