genie12

Default Richards family St Keverne to Illogan Highway

I would very much like to have help with the following family.
    John Richards and Eliza his wife are born in St Keverne with their children being born Mawgan-in-Menage and Wendron. The children that I haven't found any information are William J bapt 1857, Thomas bapt 1860, Emily Bap? and Ellen Bapt 1864. The family ended up living at Illogan Highway.
    I have information about Mary Bapt 1851 and Francis who died 1896 at Illogan Highway.
    There is a Eliza Ellen born 1873 who I think is a grand-daughter to John and Eliza but I haven't been able to find the name of her father. Eliza Ellen married Edwin Albert Moyle. Eliza died in 1949 and I have no idea what happened to Edwin. There is no mention of him in Eliza's 1949 obit.

Brick wall demolition expert!

You have given little information so it is difficult to help.

However, have you found them in the 1861 Census? Is this them there?

First name(s) Last name Relationship Marital status Age Birth year Occupation Birth place
    John Richards Head Married 35 1826 Agricultural Labourer St Keverne, Cornwall
    Eliza Richards Wife Married 35 1826 - St Keverne, Cornwall
    Mary Richards Daughter - 9 1852 Scholar Wendron, Cornwall
    Elizabeth Richards Daughter - 7 1854 Scholar Mawgan, Cornwall
    William J Richards Son - 4 1857 - Mawgan, Cornwall
    Thomas H Richards Son - 0 1861 - Mawgan, Cornwall
    Ref: Piece number 1572 / Folio number 123 / Page number 6

If not can you give us some more details like ages, etc.

Hi
    whilst doing a little searching I noticed that on the 1901 census Edwin Albert Moyle is born c 1873 at Kenwyn but his birth reg is 1871 on FreeBMD. This is the only birth of an Edwin, with or without the A/Albert, 1870 - 1874. If searching for him using a +/- 2 years birthdate it may make a difference. Having said that I can't see a death for him. Is the 1911 census the last time you see him?

This appears to be Eliza Ellen's birth reg, which would be the conclusive way to determine her father's name (if not illegitimate and no father's name on the cert) but of course ordering this means spending money and that is not always an option.

Births March 1/4 1873
    Eliza Ellen Richards Registration district Redruth vol 5c page 255

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

genie12

Thank you for the replies.That is the family, Megan Roberts and the last time that is see him is in the 1991 census christanel.
    FindMyPast has Edwin A Moyle in the Cornwall Memorial Inscriptions Transcription. Death date [Ref]
    Illogan Cemetery - Card or location number Loc No -Reference C-347. But I have no idea which way I can find information about it. There isn't anything on the Cornwall OPC database. The familysearch.org has certificates online but unfortunately the
    If it is a cemetery and not a Churchyard will the council will have information?

I had done a Richards family tree a while ago and for some unknown reason I had put Eliza Ellen in as John Richards daughter so will have to sort that out!

genie12

[QUOTE=genie12;604216]TThat is the family, Megan Roberts and the last time that is see him is in the 1991 census christanel.
    That should have been the 1911 census and the family were living at Illogan Highway.

https://www.cornwall-opc-database-.or...abase/baptisms

Searched for all "Richards" born 1845 - 1865, parents John and Eliza. Eight "possibles" baptised with father's occupation "labourer"
    James 28/9/1845, Eliza 16/7/1848, Mary Ann 16 Feb 1851, Elizabeth Jane 5/2/1854, William John 12/4/1857, Thomas Henry 7/10/1860, Alice Ellen27/3/1864 and Francis 21/4/1867

On same site checked for marriages 1845-52 with groom's occpn "labourer". One "possible" 5 Jun 1845
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

genie12

On familysearch.org there are two marriages in 1845. One took place on the 5th June 1845 and the other May 1845 and both at St Keverne. I don't think that James or Alice are related to my Richards family.

genie12

I looked at familysearch.org actual Cornwall documents and May 1845 John Richards and Eliza Williams banns were read and they were married on the 5th of June.
    Eliza Ellen was the daughter of James bapt 1845 and a son of John and Eliza. Alice Ellen may well be John and Eliza's daughter because there is a death for Alice Ellen age 9 Redruth district 1873. I may send for the certificate to satisfy my curiousity.