Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Phillip et al,

Re the question of Australian connections, I checked my data to see if any Simmonds had lived in Australia. One son of Karl (Calman) Simmonds (a son of Alexander Hauer), with one of Karl's 5 wives!, was born in Santa Marta Columbia, and moved to Australia. Karl was a very prominent man, so perhaps his son was the one for whom the noties were sent to Australia. This son was Carlos Miguel Hauer Simmonds 1849-1927, married Ellen Marie Lewis in 1880 and had 7 children between 1881 and 1891: Eloisa Maria, Carlito Hauer, Leo Bede, Francis J, Elena Gabriella, and Maria ORH. Carlos Miguel Hauer Simmonds was the 2nd cousin of Daniel Jacobs, Sarah Alma's father.

Paul

Default CARLOS SIMMONDS 1849-1927

Many thanks Paul for the information on Carlos Simmonds 1849-1927. Am I right in thinking that you have read the various Australain Newspaper Archive records on Carlos and his children? For Simmonds/Jacobs relatives here are some of the newspaper articles.
    Death -The Catholic Press (Sydney NSW) Thurs 7 July 1927
    Carlos Haner Simmonds ( I suspect Haner should read HAUER) At the residence of his daughter Mrs G J Pasfield at Croydon, Thursday last. He was born in Santa Marta, Columbia and educated in Germany,France, Switzerland and England. For a time he was connected with the business of H T Stewart and Co of New York. He came to Australia over 50 years ago, and after some 14 months in South Australia came to Sydney where he established a business as a labour, insurance and general agent....He was appointed Consul for Columbia in 1890.. He fulfilled the duties of the Consulate up to the date of his death. He was 78 years of age".

His wife had died in 1915-The Catholic Press(Sydney NSW) Thursday 28 Jan 1915

Mrs C Simmonds late wife of Carlos H Simmonds at her residence Avoca Villa Smith Street Summer Hill on the 3rd inst....
    Mourners at her funeral:
    Carlos H Simmonds husband;Frank and Leo Simmonds sons;Nelli, Marie Simmonds daughters; Mr Carolan son in law; Mrs L Simmonds daughter in law; Mr Lewis brother; Mr and Mrs Brauer among several other named.

Phillip

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Carlos Miguel Hauer Simmonds

Hello to everyone, i want to know the fonts of information about the family and the life of Carlos Miguel Hauer Simmonds in Australia, Thanks at all

Regards

Paul
    I have posted(yesterday) a new thread on Carlos Miguel Hauer Simmonds and Ellen Maria Lewis. Please look at the thread and the information.
    I am in regular contact with the Simmonds/Hauer/Jacobs distant cousins in the USA and South America. We have shared data as recently as last week.
    Phillip

My apologies Pino. I misread your post and thought you were Paul.
    Are you one of the Hauer/Simmonds cousins? If you can let me know how you relate to us that would be useful.
    Phillip

Hi, I found records on Ancestry.com but there is free info on Australian Newspapers here https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/
    Last edited by lPeinado; 03-04-2018 at 10:26 PM. Reason: add information

Lucrecia
    I have already researched and posted data on the Carlos Miguel Hauer Simmonds on the separate thread started a couple of days ago. As you know I told you, Paul, Art, Karin, Jean-Marc about the new thread in my e mail.

I am interested to know if Pino is another one of our Simmonds/Hauer/Jacobs relatives.

With the data that we already have on our lines either individually or shared plus my BG Posts then we should be able to present a secure and informed history of the lines. However, I know that some data was not shared until very recently and in the case of the Australian Hauer Simmonds there were gaps in the family trees. That is why I have posted on the lines.

Have you seen my new thread on Carl and is there data I have missed?

Phillip

Hi Phillip, I answered in this thread because Pino posted here about Carlos Hauer Simmonds. I have been looking into his descendants since. Will look for the other post specific on Carlos Hauer Simmonds that you mention here and comment there on my findings ok.
    Regards

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Carlos Miguel Hauer Simmonds

Hi Phillip, i make an investigation about Carl Hauer Simmonds "The Mister" that he was known in Colombia in the 19th century, i want to know in where could i find some pictures of one of his children, Carlos Miguel Hauer Simmonds, that he was consul of Colombia in Sydeney and and his family.

Thank you so much

Hi Pino
    I have asked Arturo, Lucrecia, Jean Marc, Paul if they have photos of Carl in Australia but am not sure that they did detailed research on that line. There are some Ancestry.Com family trees which have Carl but there are no photos. There are quite a lot of photos on the Simmonds Hauer which Art, Lucrecia and Paul have and Lucrecia has these on her Ancestry.Com family tree.

Could you please let us know how you relate to us.

Phillip

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast