Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    janbooth

Paul,

Cambridgeshire FHS sell Parish Register Transcripts in both CD & Download format for Thorney & Whittlesey. The Parish Chest website sells PR Trancript CDs for both Thorney & Whittlesey.

Janet

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Many thanks Janet. I have just been in touch with the Parish Chest and in view of the apparent 'French Connection' have ordered

Cambridgeshire Baptism Register of French Protestant Refugees settled at Thorney 1654-1738

If no luck there, I shall go for the transcripts.

Many thanks again and have a fantastic Christmas and New Year

Paul

janbooth

And you, Paul. I hope you manage to find a link to your family on the CD you have ordered.

Janet

Default Jewish ancestors in Peterborough

Quote Originally Posted by paulloseby View Post
    Does anyone by any chance have a Jewish family member who married either a Goode/Goude or Hyde in the Thorney/Whittlesey/Peterborough area of Cambridgeshire in the 17 or 1800's. I am a descendant of those names and my Dad before he died, told me that I was a descendant of a French Jewess. He knew nothing more of this but was always adamant that this was the case. I have been unable to find out any information to substantiate this and wondered if anyone out there had any knowledge.

Regards

Paul
    Hello Paul
    I have Jewish ancestors who lived in Peterborough for about ten years approx. 1800-1810. The Harris family came from Kings Lynn and eventually settled in London.
    Peterborough was not known at that time to have a Jewish community, and I do not know of any marriage of my Harris ancestors while they were there. But as a Jewish connection is rare at Peterborough I thought I would contact you in case you have more information since your original posting.
    Let me know if you think there could be any connection.
    Regards
    Kathleen

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Doesn't seem to fit but I do appreciate you g

Hi Kathleen - sadly I can't find any connection but I do really appreciate you getting back to me.

Kindest regards

Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12