Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Gules

Default You know the sailor but not the ship?

I’ve been transcribing the registers listing sailors, and ship serving on, who sent part of their pay home, 1795 Navy Act, – in many cases this was to relatives – mother, wife sister etc.

Whilst this is an ongoing project I’ve over 5000 names, so if you are missing someone let me know and I’ll check my lists.

Frank W

Default E R P 1805

Do you perhaps have Edward Randall PASCOE, who served as Master's Mate on HMS Naiad in 1805 ?.....He was at one time a midshipman, and got his Master's rating in 1808
    Regards....Frank W

Gules

Sorry nothing as yet ...but I'll bear the name in mind.

cliverob

Default You know the sailor but not the ship?

Hi
    Do you have James ROBERTS please? Volunteered aged 21 November 1800 as a Landsman on HMS Superb. Served until February 1805 then transferred to HMS Ballahou. I know he sent money to family from a letter I have dated 1804. Regards, cliverob

Judy M

Looking for any sign of Christopher ALBERT who was seving as a gunner on "Illustrious" until March 1795 then "Romulus" until 1797.
    Can you help?

Swampy

Question Reynolds?

Do you have REYNOLDS on your database (forename unknown). 5xgreat-grandfather. Was in navy all of 1790s. Many thanks.

EEMuise

Quote Originally Posted by Gules
    I’ve been transcribing the registers listing sailors, and ship serving on, who sent part of their pay home, 1795 Navy Act, – in many cases this was to relatives – mother, wife sister etc.

Whilst this is an ongoing project I’ve over 5000 names, so if you are missing someone let me know and I’ll check my lists.
    Would you have a "Berry", "Barry", "Geehan", "Gahan", or "Gehan" among your names?

Thank you for taking the time to check.

Ellen Muise
    (in Canada)
    [email protected]

Gules

Sorry haven't reached 1800 yet ...but will look out for him

Gules

Heavens I feel a failure :-) sorry not so far....

Gules

Reynolds John Saint Magarita Godston Mother Elizabeth Reynolds of Godston Surry ADM 26/4 page 100
    Reynolds William Quebec widow Elizabeth Thomas ADM 26/4 page 60
    at Mr Morlox's? West Street, Stonehouses
    All I've so far

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast