Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Theft of bread

Name well known on Brit-Gen

1901 RG13; Piece: 527; Folio: 13; Page: 18

MATHEWS

Frederick Ernest MATTHEWS b 1896 Boys' Home Industrial School, Regent's Park Road, St Pancras N W

Dudley1

Quote Originally Posted by geneius View Post
    Rifleman / Bugler Frank Harold MATTHEWS, discharge papers are on a family tree on ancestry owned by a StevefMatthews

Reg no 4016 enlisted 26 Oct 1910 service no 6905477?
    That's me, so I have that info, I am trying to find out about his time in the coal pit for theft of bread before he joined the army. But thank you for looking.
    Steve

Dudley1

1901 RG13; Piece: 527; Folio: 13; Page: 18

MATHEWS

Frederick Ernest MATTHEWS b 1896 Boys' Home Industrial School, Regent's Park Road, St Pancras N W
    Oh that's brilliant. He is my Great Uncle. He is in my research for the family tree. He was in the London Brigade in 1914-15 (short Service) but must have joined the Territorial Army when they formed up after WW1 as I have a photo of him as corporal and an Regimental Policeman.Something else for me to look into.

All good fun, but I could do with not having to work so I had the time todo it. :-)

thanks again. Steve.

Reputation beyond repute

I am trying to find out about his time in the coal pit for theft of bread before he joined the army.
    You need to be familiar with this Research Guide

Do please bear in mind that Grandads love to tell tall tales and Chinese Whispers play their part.

Dudley1

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    You need to be familiar with this Research Guide

Do please bear in mind that Grandads love to tell tall tales and Chinese Whispers play their part.
    Thank you for that link it very useful.
    And I just wish my Grandad did tell his tales. My Father told me his Dad never spoke of his parents or his early years. There are only four living children of my Grandad my two Aunts and two Uncles and they know nothing much either.

But I will get there. Thanks.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

1911 RG14; Piece: 683

I entered Frank Ernest MATTHEWS b 1896 London

h/hold Charles Francis Roache 1868 Wrington, Somerset, England

You were looking for info to back your grandfathers story to Yorkshire up....at the same time suggest you cannot find family members on the 1911 census. I see there was 3 girls born 1881 - 1885 then WIlliam TC may I suggest you create a seperate post for that search linking it back to this

Dudley1

1911 RG14; Piece: 683

I entered Frank Ernest MATTHEWS b 1896 London

h/hold Charles Francis Roache 1868 Wrington, Somerset, England

You were looking for info to back your grandfathers story to Yorkshire up....at the same time suggest you cannot find family members on the 1911 census. I see there was 3 girls born 1881 - 1885 then WIlliam TC may I suggest you create a seperate post for that search linking it back to this
    Thanks. I found it straight away. I was inputting too much info I think.
    Thank you again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12