Thread: Notifications

Knowledgeable and helpful

Default Notifications

I am wondering why I am not getting notifications when someone adds to a thread I only picked this up yesterday when I was posting myself. Is it me?

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Is this something that you've just become aware of, or do you positively know that it's been happening for a while?

Either way, the first thing to do is to check your settings.
    On the home page, there's a banner across the top of the threads in which the fifth heading is 'forum actions'.
    From the drop-down menu, select 'general settings'.

If you scroll down a weeny bit, you should see 'Default Thread Subscription Mode' with a drop-down box beneath it.
    Select which notification you want - instant, daily, weekly.
    Scroll to bottom of page and I think you just have to click 'save changes'.
    You can always exit the page, and then go back to check that the correct box is still ticked.

Though while you're scrolling to the bottom of the page you might want to check that your other settings are as you want them to be.

Pam

Knowledgeable and helpful

Thanks Pam
    I have checked my settings and they are fine. I checked my Spam Box.
    I did get your E-Mail notification now.

It was only yesterday when I went to post a message that I kept an eye on replies. I also saw another thread running that I had contributed to previously. It made me wonder what is happening? I have not received notifications on that thread and the one I posted yesterday. I have read the replies though through checking in.
    Its a mystery.

Definitely a mystery.

Try and keep an eye on any recent threads you've created/posted in, to see if you keep missing out on notifications. And if so, come back here and we'll report it to the 'techies'.

I know there was a blip with the notifications when FWR first began to sponsor BG, but to the best of my knowledge that was all sorted. I'm certainly receiving my daily batch.

Pam

Just had a flash of inspiration, and wondered whether it was your email provider blocking/messing up the notifications, as Yahoo are a pain in the proverbial on some mailing lists. But as you're not with them, that shouldn't be the cause.
    So it's back to square one - the mystery square.

Pam