Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ignore my previous postings.

Whilst you were posting I found a tree on ancestry which says George Gibbs who died in Bolton 1925 was possibly born Scotland, married Annie Morgan born 1879 Downpatrick, Ireland died 1941 Bolton.
    The tree says it is the son of this couple who was born 1905 Antrim Ireland and was named George Joseph Gibbs and therefore was too young to take any part in WW1. There is a birth registration for a George Joseph Gibbs in Mullingar County Westmeath Ireland in 1906 but I can't access the original image.

According to this tree on ancestry George Gibbs born c1876 married Annie Morgan at St, Mirin's RC church, Paisley, Scotland 4 July1902. Was your grandmother named Annie?

So now we have the correct information for your grandfather and it seems likely it was him living in Ireland in 1911 without his wife and children.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

There are two family trees on Ancestry they will have identical details on George Gibbs and are correct re the info on them, they are Gibbs family tree too and McGill extended family tree, sorry for any confusion, there are two reasons for the request over George Gibbs namely did he serve in the military WW1 and his whereabouts between 1916 in Dublin and 1921 in Bolton,your replies are very much appreciated

George Gibbs (1876) was living in Dublin 1n 1915, I believe he and his family moved to Edinburgh from 1916 then to Bolton in 1921, his occupation was Brush maker, Also I can find no military records for him.

Hello
    tell me about ww2.
    many thanks
    angellily

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello angellily,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

As our name implies we deal with people's genealogy - family history - rather than actual history such as World War 2.
    I would suggest that you put 'World War 2' into a search engine and start reading.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Default Thank you moderator

Hello Pam
    thank you so .
    Best regards
    angellily
    SEO exicutive
    Last edited by angellily; 03-11-2016 at 7:03 AM. Reason: including my information

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12