Hi Mary,

Yesterday, I received some wonderful information from a friend who lives in London, in respect of Stephen Forrest and his wife, Sarah Jane. Said friend has far more 'brain cells' than I have and he thought of the possibility that Stephen's death year given as 1923 in transcriptions ....... may be 1928 ...... owing to a 'faded' 3 being difficult to read?

Whilst looking for 'his own people' on the National Probate Calendar, he looked for 'my Stephen' - not only that, but Sarah Jane as well!

Transcriptions:

Stephen Forrest, of 10 Princes Avenue, West Kirby, Cheshire, died on 28 August 1928.

Sarah Jane Forrest, of 10 Princes Avenue, West Kirby, Cheshire, died on 30 November 1933.

I'll be ordering the two Wills this week, to 'round off' this bit of my family.

A little bit of chit-chat for you now, to expand the picture.

In the 1901 census, his two unmarried siblings were still living in Wrexham, in their late parents family home, so I wondered if Stephen had moved from Oswestry sometime after 1913, (his last known whereabouts) to be nearer to them. Before my friend gave me the info, I checked the 1911 census index for them both, (better late than never!) and guess what? They were both living in Oswestry, same as Stephen!

I know from my friend's info that Stephen and Sarah Jane ended up in Cheshire, the same applies to Stephen's two siblings.

From FreeBMD:

Deaths Sep 1928 Forrest Stephen 86 Wirral 8a 430
Deaths Jun 1930 Forrest Sophia 94 Wirral 8a 538
Deaths Mar 1932 Forrest William 83 Wirral 8a 663

From GRO Indexes:

Deaths Dec 1933 Forrest Sarah J. 78 Wirral 8a 539

Many thanks to you Mary, for your wonderful contributions to *The Life & Times of Stephen Forrest - The Bible Basher* ...... (as I affectionately call him!) and of course to my friend, who solved the final mystery for me.