strawberrymivvy

Default Family Tree Maker for Mac 3 - How Do I...?

I've just bought myself the above software and am trying to familiarise myself with it.

I have 4 trees on there, variations on a main one but with my husband's family taken off one etc. I see that one of them appears not to have imported properly, is it possible to delete that one and try again?

My main question, however, is it is possible to "merge" the media from the trees, so that all of the files and photos I have for each person show in that same person in each tree? For some reason, my older "emergency backup" tree seems to be the only one that has all the photos attached, though I've done more research, clarification and adding files to my newer version, so don't want to have to go back to my backup

Thanks!

Flossy

I use that programme but sorry to say I don't know the answer to your question. There is a help section on the FTM site, with FAQs and, I think,a forum for users. If you try there people with more specific knowledge than me might be able to help you.

strawberrymivvy

From looking at the Help section it seems it is possible to merge trees, so I've backed mine all up, and will take the plunge! Deep breath in...