Jane MT

Default Which Sarah Heat?

My ancestor, Joseph Turner married Sarah Heat in Hartfield in 1796. There are two Sarah Heat's in the Hartfield parish registers. One christened in 1773 and one in 1776. Any suggestions on how to determine which is my Sarah?
    Any help is much appreciated.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Have you checked for a burial for one of them? Have you looked for a marriage for another Sarah Heat?

Who are the witnesses? Could they, or one of them, be a parent or sibling of Sarah? Though you will have to check that there aren't two (e.g. Ebeneezer Heats) around at the same time.

Pam

janbooth

No luck on Sarah TURNER's burial record at Hartfield, always assuming I have the correct Sarah, as she died in 1809 so no age shown. The other Sarah HEAT appears to have married William FULLER at Hartfield on 6 May 1799. They subsequently have one child, Mary Anne baptised 20 September 1801 at Hartfield and then nothing (on Ancestry anyway), so this may indicate that William FULLER was not of the parish of Hartfield. Expanding Pam's suggestion above, is there any help with the naming of Joseph & Sarah's children to perhaps point to one of her parents or a sibling.

Janet