norfolk white

Default Electoral Roll Check Up Please for Oldham

Has anyone got the means of checking for me the electoral rolls for the years 1914 onwards for the address, 10, St Peters street, Oldham. I am wanting to know for how long my great great grandmother Agnes Lomas (nee Jackson) continued to live there following the death of her husband, George Lomas, who was knocked down and killed by a steam train in October 1913.

Any help of what happened to Agnes and her children , Liliy born 1895 (and married Arthur Redfern Jun 9th 1918), Nellie Born 1898 (She was actually the daughter of Agnes' sister Mary Barrow (nee Jackson) and was born at 10 St Peters Street, Oldham, but was left with Agnes and George. In the 1901 Census Nellie's surname is still Barrow and niece of Agnes and George but by the 1911 Census she is recorded as being Lomas and daughter of Agnes and George), Edith born 1901, James born 1904, Sarah Ellen born 1906 and Hilda Born 1910 and died 2001 from 1913 onwards, would be most grateful.

Many thanks and here's hoping!

norfolk white

Just an addition to my original post. the family may have moved from 10, St Peters Street to 6, Ramsden Street, Oldham, sometime between October 1913 and June 1918 as it is this address that Lily was living when she married Arthur Redfern. Thanks

From previous experience checking Electoral Rolls I recall they were suspended during the war years, both WWI and WWII?
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

norfolk white

I didn't know that, thanks helachua.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by helachau View Post
    From previous experience checking Electoral Rolls I recall they were suspended during the war years, both WWI and WWII?
    Well remembered.
    Page 3 'What exists'. https://www.bl.uk/reshelp/findhelpres...lregisters.pdf

Pam

norfolk white

Can anyone give me any advice how I might find out about what happened to the family after George's death? I live near Great Yarmouth on the Norfolk coast and don't get much chance to visit Oldham. Many thanks. for the replies so far, it is much appreciated.

Should have realised that the electoral search predates universal suffrage. Hence Agnes would first appear in 1918/19 (age 30 and over?).
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

norfolk white

helachau, thanks for the post. Agnes would have been 50 years old in 1918/19.