sueriley1

Default John Coupe, 2nd WW airforce, info please

My Dad, John (Jack) Coupe regiment no 1697269 was in the Royal Airforce and I know he served in Calcutta and Belgium.I can't tell you much as he didn't talk about the war at all although he had a photo album of his time in Calcutta where I do know that he played cricket. I suppose many did.
    My brother would like his medals although we don't know what he would have been awarded.
    So we're trying to find out anything at all if anyone knows of him and can help us to ascertain how to find out more about his medal/s and of course his life during that time if possible .
    I have been informed that there was a fire around 1973 that destroyed some records. It may be the case that Dad's records were lost then, though I can't be sure of that.
    Anyway, it would be great if anyone could help, thank you

Kind regards
    Sue

Hello Sue and welcome to the forum.

Have you read this post and applied for his records. That would give you a starting point as to whether any medals were issued.
    Even a nil return records destroyed although I can't remember a fire then.

At the top of this forum is a message about how to get copies of WW2 records. The MOD still has them.

Famous for offering help & advice simmo1's Avatar

Hi

Given you have all his details, just write here asking what medals he received - https://www.gov.uk/the-ministry-of-defence-medal-office
    regards

Robert

sueriley1

Default J Coupe Medals

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Wilson View Post
    Hello Sue and welcome to the forum.

Have you read this post and applied for his records. That would give you a starting point as to whether any medals were issued.
    Even a nil return records destroyed although I can't remember a fire then.
    Hello, Thanks, I'll have a look at that site. Earlier I looked at the Ministry of Defence site and there is a possibility to get information there I see, at a cost of £30.

Kind regards
    Sue

sueriley1

Thanks, I'd not long ago managed to find that site too.
    Kind regards
    Sue