Thread: Llandyfalle

LilyAllenFan86

Default Llandyfalle

My 4x great Grandfather John Price and his son my 3x great Grandfather William Price both state that they were born in Llandyfalle, William in about 1815, and John in about 1781 what I am wondering is whether records such as Baptisms and Marriages there only began in 1813 or were those Baptisms, Marriages and Burials taken else where in Breconshire somewhere near Llandyfalle, or is John Price as far as I am able to go.
    Kind Regards
    Beth

Hi Beth

I can't answer your actual question re commencement of records but did go to Hugh Wallis' site and he has Landefalle christenings 1772-1847 and marriages 1771-1847 with batch number C081271 but it took me to familysearch.org and records with John Price as the father to children baptised in the 1830's.
    Going to familysearch.org directly there is this baptism
    Baptism 13 Dec 1813 at Llanwortyd, Breconshire
    Father William, mother Elizabeth
    This one says affiliate publication mumber RG4_3051 I can't see where it says Batch number

According to google maps Llandyfalle and a Llanwrtyd Wells are approximately 26 miles apart.

Or a more likely one
    John Price
    Christened 14 Apr 1815 at Llangattock Brecon Wales
    Father Willam Mother Gwenllian
    Batch no C08135-1

Llangattock and Llandyfalle approx. 17 miles apart

So it is looking as if Landyfalle may have come under another area.

Do you know of any siblings for John that may link him to his parents?

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

LilyAllenFan86

I don't Christina only that in 1841 and 1851 his wife was called Anne who was about seven to five years older than him, and she was from Merthyr Cynog, and that he was a farmer in Gwenddwr that is all I know about him for certain unfortunetly.

Find My Past has images of Llandyfalle Baptismal registers on line - the earliest are 1813. The earliest baptism for a John Price is 1834.

Between 1813 and 1823 there were 18 Price baptisms.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

mymac51

Hi Beth

I believe the registers pre 1813 are lost but The National Library of Wales at Aberystwyth holds Bishops Transcripts for Llandefalle. I have random copies (1781, 1789, 1790, 1791, 1793, 1799 & 1802) and in 1781 could not find a baptism for John Price but there is a marriage for a William Price and Mary Prosser both of Llandefalle who married by Banns on 5 October 1781. I also have a baptism on 25 December 1802 for a Thomas Price son of William and Mary which is a possible sibling if John was baptised in 1782. Sorry I had no family members on the page for 1782 so have no copy. There is a baptism in 1793 for a John Price son of John and Margaret Price but this may be too late for you.